Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 03:40 PM

Default Re: Start spreading the news... (NYC Poker)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am not as happy with the reporting of Jason Tsai. I was misquoted, my words are taken totally out of context. Since I deal with reporters and writers in my real-world profession I am very careful about what can and cannot be said, assuring that the quotes are accurate. Mr Tsai took liberty with my quotes, if I knew this would occur I would have declined the interview.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the New York Times we're talking about. At least you know how republicans feel [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You may be talking about the NYT, but *TT* wasn't.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

blip was a misquote

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a real shame. The comment came off as somewhat callous, which did not match the tone of your statements in the NYT article.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used the word blip but it was used out of context. I was talking about compared to shootings at schools, at grocery stores, at nightclubs, or at any other cash based business. We were discussing how all cash businesses are risks.

NEWS UPDATE: The shooter has been caught, he is in jail. The Grand Jury will meet tomorrow. There accomplices are still at large. I know more, but I was asked to assure that this is all that is discussed until the Grand Jury meets.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:03 PM

As a former reporter, I can say with certainty that when you agree to speak with a reporter you can't expect to know the slant of the finished story. You can ask, but once you give an interview it's out of your control. As a former player at PS and NYPC (and a couple of others), I thought the NYT reporter bought the "milk and cookies, just like granny's bridge club" angle a little too whole heartedly. That's one aspect of the clubs, but there is also the addicted gambler, the various criminal scum and assorted other elements that are always around public poker, legal or no. Sounds like the Bergen guy (or his editors) had a different spin.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:55 PM

Default Re: Start spreading the news... (NYC Poker) BREAKING NEWS

The New York Post reports one person was arrested several days ago in connection with the murder and robbery: New York Post Article.

I understand that this is a rapidly developing story...

Edit: I see someone else has started a new thread with this information... stand down.