Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2007, 06:26 AM

Default I can\'t fold

Whenever I have a close decision on the final round of betting, be it on the river or facing an all-in, I have a lot of trouble folding, even when I'm fairly sure I'm beat. I'm not really a station on other rounds of betting, and there's definitely not some psychological factor like desire to be included or whatever else the typical callbox motivations are. Nor do I take getting bluffed personally or anything like that. I just can't bring myself to fold to big bets on the end.

Obviously this is a huge problem that I need to fix. Any suggestions on steps or approaches to remedy this?
Old 06-16-2007, 06:44 AM

Default Re: I can\'t fold

light $$$ on fire everytime u make a horrible river call
Old 06-16-2007, 06:56 AM

for the longest time, I became possibly the biggest calling station in the world. I was constantly making high card call downs, so it really tilts me when some guy unintentionally gets away with value betting a pair of ducks against me. I also would put him on a hand I could beat so that I could find an excuse to call.

my only advice;
Just try to play as close to perfect as you can. Try folding a hand no matter how painful it can be, and save the hand history or review it later and reward yourself if you made a good fold. Sort of rambled, hope this helps a little.
Old 06-16-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just can't bring myself to fold to big bets on the end.

[/ QUOTE ] I've always wondered how playing w/ real chips would impact this. Obv. w/ this stupid easy click falling in this trap is so much less painful than having to see your beautiful big stack collapse and move towards the other guy. Try playing w/ something representing that money in your sight. Or bring the chips directly on your table, and reach them before to see how it feels before reaching for your mouse [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-17-2007, 04:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just can't bring myself to fold to big bets on the end.

[/ QUOTE ] I've always wondered how playing w/ real chips would impact this. Obv. w/ this stupid easy click falling in this trap is so much less painful than having to see your beautiful big stack collapse and move towards the other guy. Try playing w/ something representing that money in your sight. Or bring the chips directly on your table, and reach them before to see how it feels before reaching for your mouse [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I play more live than online lately. Also, money doesn't really mean enough to me for it to be visually disturbing to see it leave.