Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2007, 07:29 PM

Default pot limit omaha/8 i need help?

can some one please teach me the winning way how to play poy limit omaha 8. im a break even player you know i play ace 2 suited or any ace suited. i play 3 or 4 cards to a wheel and sometimes i go high with 4 high cards to a straight like akqj. i try to raise pre flop with my premium hands but thats were i lose the most money. thank you all for your help.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:19 PM

Default Re: pot limit omaha/8 i need help?

let's start by dropping any ace suited
Old 03-08-2007, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can some one please teach me the winning way how to play poy limit omaha 8. im a break even player you know i play ace 2 suited or any ace suited. i play 3 or 4 cards to a wheel and sometimes i go high with 4 high cards to a straight like akqj. i try to raise pre flop with my premium hands but thats were i lose the most money. thank you all for your help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Be aggressive with draws.

kthxbye
Old 03-09-2007, 03:29 AM

set to the right of a fish who doesn't understand about drawing to the nuts.

A lot of players also bet a "feel" be in o8, one to figure out where they're at, with, say, bottom pair,backdoor low HU. You should crush this. Sometimes they're looking to reraise you but for the most part I find that if someone bets 1 dollar into a 6 dollar pot (especially when a low was just counterfited) they'll fold. That is if they're the type of player that knows when t fold.

This is the only thing I know how to do right in PLO8.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:46 PM

Murakawa just succinctly describe what used to be a big leak in my game. I play tournaments, almost no PLO8 cash, but I think the phenomenon is common in both.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:29 PM

i try to raise pre flop with my premium hands but thats were i lose the most money

AAxx used to be a money loser for me, but not any more. One of the things you have to master is the ability to raise your premium hands and then immediately ditch them if the flop doesn't fit your hand. A238 and the flop is K23? Fold to a bet. AA56 and the flop is 458? Fold. And so on. Instead of premium hands, think in terms of premium flop fits - and the reason those hands are premium is only because there are a lot of flops they like, not because they can win without improvement.

Oh, and don't play any suited ace. I play a pretty loose game but even I insist on A4xx for low potential before I'll play suited A.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i play 3 or 4 cards to a wheel

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't get too excited about 345 or 245. Be very aware of position before you get involved with any non-ace 3/4 wheel card hands. If there's heavy action there's a good chance at least two of the aces are spoken for, dropping your nut low chances significantly.

Post specific hands on this forum. Somebody'll be glad to tell you where you messed up :-)
Old 03-11-2007, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is weird that your not a winning player, you just listed everything that there is to the game. It must be variance... or the cumulation of every post ever made on this forum trying to answer that unprecedently stupid question. Sorry, I'm totally in hater mode right now.
Old 03-13-2007, 04:36 AM

maybe i just play to straight forward.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
let's start by dropping any ace suited

[/ QUOTE ]