Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 09:36 PM

Default Re: Easy 3 bet vs likely aggro spewtard

[ QUOTE ]
i would 3bet the turn EXPECTING him to 4bet. idiots like him are the same ones that turn around and slowplay when they actually have strong hands. in other words, if he didn't 4bet i might be worried. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

James, are you raising any river cards (besides tens)?

-McGee
Old 11-15-2007, 10:04 PM

This is an interesting situation. I run into this all the time, where I have a very strong read but only a few hands to back it up. I like the 3-bet/calldown given the one hand you've seen this guy in, but I'm not certain if it hold up mathematically or not. Bear with me, I'm thinking as I type.

We know this player is capable of bluffing that he has a 4. We also know that he is capable of actually calling with a 4. He doesn't even need to have a piece of the flop to stick around, (he's demonstrated that already with his Q6o) so we can't use his flop call to limit his range very much. Given that he can have almost any two cards here, I think we can safely 3-bet and calldown from there. The statistical chance of him have the hand we fear is vanishingly small, since unlike a more straightforward player his range is not becoming more defined by his betting.

The other, metagame consideration is that you may profit more from calling this player and letting him rack off at you in a vain attempt to push you off of pots. This limits what he can charge you when he does make a hand (and you'll have a hard time reading when he does) and he might continue his blufftard manuevers longer..
Old 11-15-2007, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i would 3bet the turn EXPECTING him to 4bet. idiots like him are the same ones that turn around and slowplay when they actually have strong hands. in other words, if he didn't 4bet i might be worried. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

James, are you raising any river cards (besides tens)?

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

def. a 4, King, or ten. others might depend on if they complete a draw. i'm not raising anymore overcards.