Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2007, 12:55 AM

Default Re: HDTV for my dorm room??

I think 32" LCD sounds like the best bet here
Old 07-06-2007, 11:10 PM

Yea, catalyst. My thoughts too. I decided on the samsung, so now just waiting for the lowest price possible/sales. Woo..
Old 07-11-2007, 08:33 PM

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?...d=1171058029183

Anyone have any experience/insight on Sharp LCDs? This seems like a pretty solid deal.

Edit:
For those that don't feel like clicking the link, it's a Sharp 32" LCD HDTV - 1080p - for $700 ($200 off ref price)
Old 07-12-2007, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyone have any experience/insight on Sharp LCDs? This seems like a pretty solid deal.

Edit:
For those that don't feel like clicking the link, it's a Sharp 32" LCD HDTV - 1080p - for $700 ($200 off ref price)

[/ QUOTE ]

Catalyst:

I just came home from BestBuy. This TV is not 1080p, rather, it is 720p. The overall picture quality is mediocre, but the price is great. It was displayed right next to a samsung 1080p and the samsung owned it, so so hard. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2007, 07:40 PM

like said before an HDTV is basically useless without HD service, esp. since you're getting just basic coxial(sp?) that runs through the entire dorm. Get it anyways as it's great for sports and movies. By an upcoverting dvd player or HD dvd/ Blu Ray if you feel like spending a couple more dollars. Here is a picture from 2004 when i was a frosh in college.
i have a double, but the roommate moved out so i had it all to myself. It was my best house arrangement I had in all of college. Good luck
Old 07-12-2007, 07:42 PM

beware of going to a store like bestbuy to view TV picture quality. They often use TERRIBLE signals, have them running 16hrs a day, and don't have them calibrated properly. Go to a good electronics store, then buy from a cheaper place. Also be sure to read reviews online. once you know what tv you're looking for go to an online site like fatwallet or slickdeals to find the best price. If you need any help or have any questions feel free to PM me
Old 07-13-2007, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
like said before an HDTV is basically useless without HD service, esp. since you're getting just basic coxial(sp?) that runs through the entire dorm. Get it anyways as it's great for sports and movies. By an upcoverting dvd player or HD dvd/ Blu Ray if you feel like spending a couple more dollars. Here is a picture from 2004 when i was a frosh in college.
i have a double, but the roommate moved out so i had it all to myself. It was my best house arrangement I had in all of college. Good luck

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I want to eat snickers! E¤%&/&
Old 07-13-2007, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Edit:

[/ QUOTE ]

Catalyst:

I just came home from BestBuy. This TV is not 1080p, rather, it is 720p. The overall picture quality is mediocre, but the price is great. It was displayed right next to a samsung 1080p and the samsung owned it, so so hard. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

good to know

I had read somewhere online that it was 1080p - atleast I thought I did.

I guess I will just shell out some loot for a Samsung
Old 07-13-2007, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Edit:

[/ QUOTE ]

Catalyst:

[/ QUOTE ]

good to know

I had read somewhere online that it was 1080p - atleast I thought I did.

I guess I will just shell out some loot for a Samsung

[/ QUOTE ]

Good choice. I will probably wait till I find a decently good deal on a Samsung too. I love how it has computer connectibility as well as the swivel stand, which is useful for a smaller room like my apartment room.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is for a single bedroom. Picture:

I dont know if I should/can wall mount it, put it on my desk, or have a seperate cabinent for it.

IDEAS?!!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

sucks...our on-campus apartments come with double beds and that is pretty sweet