Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What is a unit?
My average bet (in other words, I sometimes bet less than a unit). 20 48.78%
My smallest bet (in other words, I always bet between 1 and x units). 15 36.59%
What's a unit? I bet an amount proportional to my advantage (Kelly or some variation thereof). 6 14.63%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-30-2007, 10:33 PM

Default Re: finally gonna have a tiebreaker game

Fogg may be starting, but you better believe Hurdle will go to the bullpen early and often at the first sign of trouble. And that means Morales could easily be pitching at least 4-5 innings and become the de facto starter if Fogg struggles out of the gate.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:41 PM

I was at the game today, the atmosphere was incredible. Watching them change the score when the Brewers took the lead was amazing. I had my Treo giving me and all the people around updates, but the feeling in Coors Field when the Brewers widened their lead to 9-4 was insane. I was in line for tiebreaker tickets after the Rockies batted in the 8th. Everyone that knew I was there started texting me, asking if I was getting tickets. Section 141 row 26. I bought tickets earlier in the week for the divisional series already. It is finally a great time to be a Rockies fan.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:45 PM

Yup, everyone's available except for Jimenez and Redman.

Remember that night we used 10 pitchers a couple of weeks back? We've got 19 on the active roster, and we may just use 16, lol. Lord help us if we have to throw Serafini or Bautista in for a batter, though.

I can't see Morales pitching more than 3 innings on short rest, though, since he's only 21 and has pitched a fair share of innings this year, though I could accept being wrong.

Anyway, it's going to be fun -- Section 218, baby!

Anyone check the tix prices on Craigslist? It's crazy - 3rd deck, halfway down the line, for $100/ticket. I should have bought more when I had the chance to make some mad mobnies.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Have any San Diego fans been complaining that Colorado only had to place against the Arizona JV squad on Sunday?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't see Prince Fielder in a Brewers uniform on Sunday.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because Jason Lane landed on him on a poor headfirst slide into 1st base, injuring his ankle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I saw that, incredibly awkward by Lane.

But if the game mattered Fielder would have been playing and that is the point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe you can say that with any degree of certainty. If you have a link to an article reflecting your sentiment I will eat my words.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:47 PM

Went yesterday, going tomorrow, have tix for our first home game in NLDS, buying NLCS, but probably shouldn't try to buy for both home games.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Have any San Diego fans been complaining that Colorado only had to place against the Arizona JV squad on Sunday?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't see Prince Fielder in a Brewers uniform on Sunday.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because Jason Lane landed on him on a poor headfirst slide into 1st base, injuring his ankle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I saw that, incredibly awkward by Lane.

But if the game mattered Fielder would have been playing and that is the point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe you can say that with any degree of certainty. If you have a link to an article reflecting your sentiment I will eat my words.

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering Fielder stayed in the game yesterday and is listed only as having a sore ankle and shin(not serious injury) I can say that with a high degree of certainty.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone check the tix prices on Craigslist? It's crazy - 3rd deck, halfway down the line, for $100/ticket. I should have bought more when I had the chance to make some mad mobnies.

[/ QUOTE ]

argh.... i had the chance to get a whole bunch of tickets, like 32 at least. I ended up getting 4 extra and selling them for $50 a pop (they were $15 tix) and I thought that I was ripping the guy off. Oh well, I am essentially going for free now and that's all I care about.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

argh.... i had the chance to get a whole bunch of tickets, like 32 at least. I ended up getting 4 extra and selling them for $50 a pop (they were $15 tix) and I thought that I was ripping the guy off. Oh well, I am essentially going for free now and that's all I care about.

[/ QUOTE ]

My 16 tickets for each of the NLDS games are looking so nice.........
Old 09-30-2007, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In regards to this game.. I feel the Rockies are much better 1-8. But Fogg has me extremely nervous, and I am not excited that he is pitching. The pitching battle definitely favors SD here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I AM CAPT OBVIOUS!!!! I SAY WHAT IS OBVIOUS... TO EVERYONE...OBVIOUSLY!
Old 09-30-2007, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My 16 tickets for each of the NLDS games are looking so nice.........

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I got four tickets to each of those games, should have got more when I had the chance. God knows I'll be up at 9 am tomorrow to get NLCS tickets.