Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which room should I join?
Full Tilt Poker 42 31.82%
Pokerstars 58 43.94%
Ultimate Bet 22 16.67%
Poker Room 10 7.58%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-20-2007, 08:43 AM

Default Re: Curb Your Enthusiasm 9/16

[ QUOTE ]
I thought the whole masturbating issue was a little over the top. I can't honestly believe Jeff thought it would be ok to jack off during a passover dinner.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's one reason it's funny.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The simple fact that all of the characters are Lefties makes the show left-leaning. Conservative outsiders (Jeff's brother-in-law, the stage actress from The Producers, etc) are all made to look ludicrous.

[/ QUOTE ]

But Larry David doesn't make himself or his friends look ludicrous. No, not at all.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Rushmore,

Nice job totally not understanding my point!

[/ QUOTE ]

Not agreeing with your point (which was, clearly, that although the show is peopled entirely with liberals who have well-known agendas, the story-lines are equal-opportunity offenders in that they disparage pretty much everyone, regardless of their slant [I suppose mocking the handicapped, gays and lesbians would be good examples]) is much different from not understanding your point.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are not good at this, please stop.

If you really understood my point, you never would have made your initial response.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Rushmore,

Nice job totally not understanding my point!

[/ QUOTE ]

Not agreeing with your point (which was, clearly, that although the show is peopled entirely with liberals who have well-known agendas, the story-lines are equal-opportunity offenders in that they disparage pretty much everyone, regardless of their slant [I suppose mocking the handicapped, gays and lesbians would be good examples]) is much different from not understanding your point.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are not good at this, please stop.

If you really understood my point, you never would have made your initial response.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I'll stop.

I'll try to find a resource somewhere to learn the incredibly subtle and esoteric points made here at 2+2, because I am "not good at this."

Note how your cryptic responses fail to actually define anything about my responses that belie a failure to grasp any of the incredibly complex theories posited here. Your responses (fairly typically) seem more intended to ridicule or demean rather than clarify.

I apologize for having a view not in concert with yours, and also for seeking to better understand a point that you claim I misunderstood. I was seeking clarity, but found derision.

So sorry.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:29 AM

if you care about the political affiliations of the characters on this show, you are taking the show way too seriously and need to stop watching it.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:20 PM

Weir owned this thread.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And any epsiode with Susie going off on Larry is good stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]
So true. Really, I just like watching her go off on anyone. When Jeff confessed and then Cheryl found out I started getting all excited waiting for the scene where Suzie would hear about it. "You keep your semen in this house!!"
Old 09-21-2007, 02:27 AM

good episode.

wait, CYE has stuff that is outlandish and over the top? no wai!
Old 09-21-2007, 08:31 AM

So wait... who came on the bear??

(I'm pretty sure it wasn't Larry, doesn't seem his style, I think it was Jeff (so sick); but did we ever get an answer?)
Old 09-21-2007, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you care about the political affiliations of the characters on this show, you are taking the show way too seriously and need to stop watching it.

[/ QUOTE ]

But their liberalism is part of the comedic commentary. While spouting concern for the environment they live in mansions. They drive hybrids and donate new wings but their conspicuous consumption is symbolic of the materialism that's lead to the need for things like the NRDC in the first place.

The show also revels in Larry and others saying and doing things that most people want to say or do but don't. In their well-meaning attempts to be tolerant and understanding, they're oblivious to their own prejudices. It would be much less funny (imho) if a conservative white businessman mistook an African-American standing outside a restaurant for the valet than if Larry did.