Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 11:49 AM

Default Re: Kinda off topic

[ QUOTE ]
Giving a partial refund seems completely sleazy to me... it's like a sickening combination of greed and hypocrisy and moral vanity.

[/ QUOTE ]

In his defense I never asked for the full 5k back. I orignally asked if he would be against shipping $2500 back. He seemed to have no problem with it

[ QUOTE ]
I also agree with EM2 that asking for the money is a little gay, but then people have gone gay for a lot less than $5k.

[/ QUOTE ]

To a certain degree my money is more important than my pride. If I can get a $2500 refund on a mistake I made, I dont really care if I look "gay" or not.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yea, i would never think to ask for my money back if this happened to me. which i guess is why i wouldnt return it. strange issue to get so passionate about fwf considering it will likely never happen to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

wouldn't say i'm necessarily that passionate about it, i just think i'm clearly right on this and like to debate these types of things.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:41 PM

FWF,

What is your position on the following three scenarios:

You bet, I go allin, you call, I type "Hey man, total misclick, I was clicking something else and this screen jumped into focus, but I was 100% folding here." Do you send me the money back?

Same SNG, we play x amount of hands, I have 10% of chips, I get disconnected.

Same SNG, we play x amount of hands, I have 90% of chips, I get disconnected.

Assume that you don't know me in all three scenarios. How much would you ship back to me?
Old 09-04-2007, 04:49 PM

I was in the 215 HU tournament on stars a few weeks ago, and got paired up against someone who started the match DC'd/sitting out. They were gone for 15 minutes. For the first five or six hands, I minraised and stole the blinds. I think realized that with 6 cash tables and a handful of other tournaments open, it wasn't worth it for me to keep waiting for stars software to go through and minraise- it was just too boring. That, and the blinds were only 10-20 with 1500 stacks.

I had like a 1700-1300 lead, person got back 15 minutes later. Got a 3 to 1 chip lead, then lost with like AJ to 64 pre, and QQ to J8 on J x x. That amused me.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FWF,

What is your position on the following three scenarios:

You bet, I go allin, you call, I type "Hey man, total misclick, I was clicking something else and this screen jumped into focus, but I was 100% folding here." Do you send me the money back?

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously not because if you won you wouldn't ship back and you also get to see my cards and how I played so there's possibility for an angleshoot
[ QUOTE ]

Same SNG, we play x amount of hands, I have 10% of chips, I get disconnected.

Same SNG, we play x amount of hands, I have 90% of chips, I get disconnected.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if I know you I would ship you your money back and start the sit and go over and get the chip stacks to where they were at before.

If I couldn't trust you to do that, I wouldn't ship in either situation because if I can't trust you to dump 90% of chips or you can't trust me to dump 90% of chips then I don't think I owe you anything.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Well if I know you I would ship you your money back and start the sit and go over and get the chip stacks to where they were at before. If I couldn't trust you to do that, I wouldn't ship in either situation because if I can't trust you to dump 90% of chips or you can't trust me to dump 90% of chips then I don't think I owe you anything.

[/ QUOTE ]
This seems like the exact argument most posters in this thread use to justify not shipping the money back in OP. You simply can't trust your opponent to do the same for you. In OP the risk of losing money isn't present at the same time, but in the future when you're making the same mistake.

In Diablos example you wouldn't have to worry though, you could easily start a new sng and ship the money back afterwards.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Well if I know you I would ship you your money back and start the sit and go over and get the chip stacks to where they were at before. If I couldn't trust you to do that, I wouldn't ship in either situation because if I can't trust you to dump 90% of chips or you can't trust me to dump 90% of chips then I don't think I owe you anything.

[/ QUOTE ]
This seems like the exact argument most posters in this thread use to justify not shipping the money back in OP. You simply can't trust your opponent to do the same for you. In OP the risk of losing money isn't present at the same time, but in the future when you're making the same mistake.

In Diablos example you wouldn't have to worry though, you could easily start a new sng and ship the money back afterwards.

[/ QUOTE ]

my point is if i can't trust the guy to rectify stacks, he's probably not a good guy andi think ethical obligations aren't as strong towards people who don't act ethically

this is different from OP situation because if the other guy wouldn't send back after a discon'd sit and go it doesn't mean he's an [censored], it means he's a bit misguided imo
Old 09-04-2007, 09:28 PM

i really dont understand how you believe what you do with so much conviction. i guess im an unethical scumbag.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i really dont understand how you believe what you do with so much conviction. i guess im an unethical scumbag.

[/ QUOTE ]

you can believe something with conviction without really caring too much about it right? i think there's an obvious right answer to this question but it's not exactly in my top 50 list of things i judge a person's ethics by
Old 09-04-2007, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

let's say i register for the wsop main event. i'm assigned to play on day 1c, but i mistakenly think i play on 1d. i don't show up on 1c and my entire stack is blinded off. should the wsop refund me 10k?

[/ QUOTE ]
This exact thing happened to my friend this year. They let him play the day he showed up, and he ended up cashing.