Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2007, 01:14 PM

Default Turn and River with top pair nut flush draw

only 23 hands on villain, so pretty meaningless (29/8)

any advice on turn or river would be appreciated

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($53.50)
Hero ($70.80)
MP ($50)
Button ($19.90)
SB ($28.10)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, MP calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $1.75, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($6.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4.5</font>, MP calls $4.50, SB folds.

Turn: ($15.50) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $7</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $17</font>, Hero calls $10.

River: ($49.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $26.5 (All-In)</font>, Hero
Old 05-16-2007, 02:42 PM

Default Re: Turn and River with top pair nut flush draw

I think I like the call on the turn. Seems like you are behind and it's doubtful any better hands would fold to a push so take the nice odds you are getting and see if you can spike the spade.

The ten on the river helps, but really AK is a big possibility for the villian. Also, there is the chance he backdoored a flush. For 2:1 though, I might call. I only need to win 1 out of 3 times to break even. If you get the feeling you're beat I wouldn't blame you for folding though.

This is where it would be nice to know your opponent since usually you wouldn't expect a worse hand than yours to bet on the end, but at low stakes I wouldn't be surprised if one did.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:46 PM

SNAP CALL---- villains range is way too wide, I think he is forced to re raise 66 99 or AK here.... i think A 9, K 9, A 6 and A Q all make up part of villians range here, which you are getting 2-1 to call on........ i cant fold here with 2-1 i just think his range is too wide and you've played weakish, from his point he is repping strength and this is a good shove spot for him, even with air.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:53 PM

I think this is good-- You probably let him hang the noose on himself, so let him drop now. [Highly unlikely he believes the T helps you.]
Old 05-16-2007, 03:18 PM

flush draws with an over seems to be the hardest hands to play

my thinking that is is he had a set he would have reraised the flop due to the flush draw out there. so i'm thinking he has a
hand that improved on the turn, maybe ace 9? I don't think you will see ak either b/c i think he would have reraised after the flop as well.

i think i would call after a long and painful deliberation
Old 05-16-2007, 04:27 PM

Why did you bet so small on the turn? Also, why did you check the river, unless you were planning to cf? You think he bets AQ, A9 etc but wonīt call a bet? I donīt think busted spades is a big part of his range on the river. I think you just got ahead of a lot of very possible hands on the river, so I would just push. Sure he could have taken one card off with QcJc on the flop, but that would just be bad luck. Also AK is possible, but so is a lot of other 2pair hands.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:32 PM

turn is only interesting street

i think c/something might be best.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:37 PM

i like a check on the turn better. no worse made hands are calling. so you're only getting a call from a draw and you might fold out some draws. The only problem with a check is that you might give a free card to a straight draw but i'm not terribly worried about that all.

CHECK TURN.

as played, when raised on the turn...it sucks. you have to call because of odds, but I would put the villain on a big hand.

RIVER: as played, meh. this sucks. I'm almost positive that he has AK (even though he probably should of raised it preflop).
Old 05-16-2007, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SNAP CALL---- villains range is way too wide, I think he is forced to re raise 66 99 or AK here.... i think A 9, K 9, A 6 and A Q all make up part of villians range here, which you are getting 2-1 to call on........ i cant fold here with 2-1 i just think his range is too wide and you've played weakish, from his point he is repping strength and this is a good shove spot for him, even with air.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think u might need to work on your hand reading skills (especially if you want to play semi-lag). AQ is never in his range. A6 is wishful thinking. A9 is pushing it also. K9 should raise the flop.

I'm almost positive villain has AK. Maybe a straight that semibluffed the turn (which would be a bad way to play it).
Old 05-16-2007, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think u might need to work on your hand reading skills (especially if you want to play semi-lag). AQ is never in his range. A6 is wishful thinking. A9 is pushing it also. K9 should raise the flop.

I'm almost positive villain has AK. Maybe a straight that semibluffed the turn (which would be a bad way to play it).

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with Paul here, I doubt he is vb worse very often here. Once he pushes this is a fold.