Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 03:52 PM

Default Re: Dog The Bounty Hunter: Racist?

curb your enthusiasm sunday was about the n word and how if you tell someone what an as* someone is for using the n word, you may get in trouble yourself for quoting someone who used the n word to show what a douche the other person is.

coincidence? I think not.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:21 PM

I can't help but be curious -- does anyone here think that, say, Hillary Clinton has never used the N-word in private conversation?
Old 11-01-2007, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't help but be curious -- does anyone here think that, say, Hillary Clinton has never used the N-word in private conversation?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure she has, lets be totally totally honest.. who hasn't? Who has NEVER uttered that word?

It is pretty well reported that she called an assistant a "Jew Bastard" or something to that nature.

That was actually the point of this. Lets look at our own hypocrisy for once, before judging Duane Chapman's.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One more thing, were the comments actually racist? I know the word is offensive to a lot of black people, but the taped conversation made it pretty clear to me, at least, that he wasn't trying to say "all black people are N..." Some people use that word to describe the worst types of black people, right or wrong, I don't think that's racist. The types of people Dog deals with on his show are pretty much some of the worst people from their respective races, so I could see him using that type of language without racist intent.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest, many of my friends use the N-word in private. There is white trash - wiggers and there is black trash - N word. We use it and I don't consider it racist.

If you are using it to identify all blacks that would be racist. If you use it to identify the lowest of the low who have no regard for individual's life or property then I have no problem with it.

Am I a racist for using it in the context we use it in? I have had black girlfriends, black co-workers and bosses and have plenty of current black friends. When I use the N-word in front of them in the context we use it in, there is no problem. If I am a racist then I guess I don't understand what a racist means.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He has his own TV show where him and his redneck family chase Mexicans. WTF do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean Mexicans that have raped over 40 American women? WTF's racist or redneck about that?
Old 11-01-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One more thing, were the comments actually racist? I know the word is offensive to a lot of black people, but the taped conversation made it pretty clear to me, at least, that he wasn't trying to say "all black people are N..." Some people use that word to describe the worst types of black people, right or wrong, I don't think that's racist. The types of people Dog deals with on his show are pretty much some of the worst people from their respective races, so I could see him using that type of language without racist intent.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest, many of my friends use the N-word in private. There is white trash - wiggers and there is black trash - N word. We use it and I don't consider it racist.

If you are using it to identify all blacks that would be racist. If you use it to identify the lowest of the low who have no regard for individual's life or property then I have no problem with it.

Am I a racist for using it in the context we use it in? I have had black girlfriends, black co-workers and bosses and have plenty of current black friends. When I use the N-word in front of them in the context we use it in, there is no problem. If I am a racist then I guess I don't understand what a racist means.

[/ QUOTE ]

I pretty much agree with this, does that mean I'm a racist? I hope not.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

#2) Should this be taken more lightly since it was a private, tapped phone conversation, and not a public statement.

I'm really shocked at the content of this tape, but then again, I was never meant to hear it. Opinions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are his private phone conversations tapped?
Isn't that against the law?
Old 11-01-2007, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He has his own TV show where him and his redneck family chase Mexicans. WTF do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]
Lol. You obviously don't know where the show takes place.

Btw, I don't really care if he loses his show. I thought it sucked the few times I've ever watched it.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Lol. You obviously don't know where the show takes place.

Btw, I don't really care if he loses his show. I thought it sucked the few times I've ever watched it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh come on. It's like COPS, but with redneck pseudo-religious vigilantes at the helm! It's pure gold!
Old 11-01-2007, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the usage of that word for Chris Rock-related reasons is racist.

I think that ordering a family member to break up with a black girl because you feel like continuing to throw the word around is either racist or...yeah, I don't actually know what flavor of the word "stupid" would describe this.