Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 06:01 PM

Default Re: Does God continuously produce Souls?

[ QUOTE ]
Soul production is discrete, not continuous.

[/ QUOTE ]

tthric ldo
Old 10-26-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does God produce soul after soul after soul continuously as each baby or fetus is born, with each one eventually ending up in Heaven or Hell or Pergatory?

[/ QUOTE ]

Aristotle, who should have known better, stated that each soul was produced from the "Fount of God" at birth, as blank(Tabula Rasa) who then lived and died and returned to the Godhead. This is the source of present day western religious(especially Christian) thought. One chance, no more.

Western esoteric thought recognizes reincarnation and karma as does eastern thought(Hindu, Buddhist(?)-Midge). The differences are the difficulties for we are approaching a reality, not someone's flight of fancy. So there are differences between the different area of the world which is tantamount to saying that we are seeing the tree from different angles but the tree will speak for itself.

Yes, there are a specific number of souls on this journey.

I'd like to add that this in no way debunks any religious message for we, in the west, have had a different axe to grind and for this reason have lost sight, as a culture, of this known reality.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Aristotle, who should have known better, stated that each soul was produced from the "Fount of God" at birth, as blank(Tabula Rasa) who then lived and died and returned to the Godhead. This is the source of present day western religious(especially Christian) thought. One chance, no more.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Aristotle is right, abortion is okay. No souls are lost.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But I do believe in a soul

[/ QUOTE ]

Soul is a pretty wide term. I think it can mean anything from a clearly defined 'self' outside our bodies (like in many theistic variants) to 'something about us I don't think we can explain (yet)'

Do you mean a spiritual soul not based on material properties or do you mean something based on material properties which would qualify as 'self' in some mysterious way?

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't give you a definitive answer on that. I'm sorry. I feel as if it has to do with our consciousness possibly. Deep down, I just feel something, unexplainable, that I do have to take on with faith.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If Aristotle is right, abortion is okay. No souls are lost.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't follow. In the west today the majority of thought in the matters of the soul follow Aristotle but in no way does this stop the contention.
Old 10-26-2007, 08:14 PM

Yep. It used to be a lot of work, but when Henry Ford got to Heaven, they set up an assembly line.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:01 PM

Ahhh im glad you asked this. I have your answer.

Souls provide gods with power and are drawn from a pool of souls, but not necessarily removed, just changed (like a scale kind of). This is why satan and god are constantly battling for them. The more soul power a god has the more they are able to influence and control the world. Why else do you think christianity looks for converts all the time and takes issue with the practicing of other religions? For the most part, it is pretty even between good and evil, but it is expected that one day one side (though the bible is lying when it proclaims that god will win, they dont know, but are instead using this lie to gain more soul power) will overpower the other and gain a sizeable advantage in the soul battle. When this day comes the earth will either become one with Heaven or Hell and will remain so unless the other side finds a way to overcome (unlikely) this huge disadvantage.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:10 PM

According to Catholic teaching, yes.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any Christian who answers this is just making guesswork. These answers are not contained in the Bible.

[/ QUOTE ]

according the to the bible, "souls die", and the physical body/soul dichotomy is a pagan belief.

http://georgegordon.org/Radio_Archives.htm#Archives
[ QUOTE ]
Is Heaven the Reward of the Saved? - Part 1 of 2

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-27-2007, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Any Christian who answers this is just making guesswork. These answers are not contained in the Bible.

[/ QUOTE ]

according the to the bible, "souls die", and the physical body/soul dichotomy is a pagan belief.

http://georgegordon.org/Radio_Archives.htm#Archives
[ QUOTE ]
Is Heaven the Reward of the Saved? - Part 1 of 2

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What part of you goes to heaven or hell, then...if not the soul?