Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2007, 01:59 AM

Default Re: Genarlow Wilson -- Georgia is insane

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

So RedBean was way wrong and conveniently screwing up facts to support an indefensible position!? Noooo! That's not the Beaner I know!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is kinda funny considering that they didn't drop the rape charge.

You just can't buy this kind of irony anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I took Thug's information on face value, since up until then neither of you had provided any actual information and your track record is not very good.

As it stands, I am not sure who is right and also don't care, because like I said: It's irrelevant and courts should be making correct decisions as they apply to the case in front of them.

You should look up the definition of irony if you think this qualifies. But, vocabulary is probably the least of your problems, so actually you should do a lot of other things first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow...seems you are pretty upset at being wrong and rushing in so quick to bag on me about it when you thought you were right. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

No sweat, man. It's all good. I knew you probably didn't know what you were talking about and were just jumping at the chance to bag on me. It's okay, I understand.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

In this case, the "victim" was a scared girl, who, after a drunken night, felt she may have been raped.

In the Duke case, the victim knew damned well she wasn't raped, and was out looking for attention and money.

[/ QUOTE ]

I won't disagree with you. The victim should be charged. If the DA was "a victim" of her lies, then that just makes him a "bad DA" and not guilty of criminal negligence or malice.

I 100% agree with you on this in retrospect (although I still think the DA was probably negligent of his duties in this case).

EDIT TO ADD: This is also why I would refuse to vote 10 minutes into jury delibarations (except for an unofficial straw, if that's even kosher) if I was on a jury. I'd have to do some serious pondering of the evidence if I have the opportunity of screwing up and sending an innocent man to jail or letting someone like a serial rapist go free. That said, it's up to the prosecution to make the case and I would lean hard toward the former if the case wasn't clearly made. I'd still probably convict a majority of the time, though, since "most" cases have pretty hard evidence behind them.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yes, I see it as something petty that hardly deserves a sorry. It's a 17-year-old having consensual oral sex with a 15-year-old on New Years Eve. What exactly do you call that??? An atrocity?

If you have some information about him forcibly raping some girl while he videotaped it, then by all means, post it and allow it to factor into my analysis.

I haven't a clue what you're ranting about this time, but yes, please, stay out. This is a pretty serious and interesting topic and could do without your nonsense bogging it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Serious question. Have you seen the video?

[/ QUOTE ]

This wasn't addressed to me, but yes, I have.

Its public record, since it was used as evidence in court. You can see it too, just go through the proper channels.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yes, I see it as something petty that hardly deserves a sorry. It's a 17-year-old having consensual oral sex with a 15-year-old on New Years Eve. What exactly do you call that??? An atrocity?

If you have some information about him forcibly raping some girl while he videotaped it, then by all means, post it and allow it to factor into my analysis.

I haven't a clue what you're ranting about this time, but yes, please, stay out. This is a pretty serious and interesting topic and could do without your nonsense bogging it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its public record, since it was used as evidence in court. You can see it too, just go through the proper channels.

[/ QUOTE ]

When are we going to get "YouTube" justice?
Old 10-27-2007, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This video will not make it to YouTube. You'll probably be seeing this video soon in edited form anyway, as Al Sharpton (whom I usually can't stand) is planning a protest calling for the resignation of DA McDade, and we all know what a media whore he is, and BJ Bernstein has been passing this video around to interested parties pretty frequently, so it will show up on Fox News/CNN soon.

Until then, just go to the Douglas County courthouse, go to the right as soon as you pass the metal detectors, and you will enter the records room. Request to see all files pertaining to GA v Genarlow Wilson and they will hand it over. If they don't, go upstairs to the DA's office and request copies of all evidence related to GA vs Genarlow Wilson.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No need to apologize. He made a brash claim and didn't provide any source of information, you (apparently correctly) disagreed with what he said, and then he declared he was right and still did not post anything proving that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um...he said they dropped the rape charge.

I said they didn't.

And guess what, they didn't drop the rape charge.

I just don't understand why that was such a brash claim, or why you insist on being so confrontational about it, jumping for such joy when someone asserts something contrary to me (erroneously, to boot), nor why you pitch a fit that anything you happen to disagree with has to be supported by multiple sources, whereas things you agree with are readily spouted off the cuff and without any need for support.

Seriously, man, you might need to loosen that belt a few notches, you seem to be wound a bit too tight, after all, this is just a friendly internet forum.....

Now if we can get over that already, and move along:

You guys do understand their were TWO females involved?

The 17-year old was <u>not</u> seen on tape consenting, and prosecutors stuck by the rape charge in that case on the basis of their allegation that she was too intoxicated to consent, ie, unable to consent.

She reported the rape the next morning and had maintained throughout that she was raped and never consented.

The jury did find him not guilty on this charge, on the basis that many later said to reporters that in the session of the video where Wilson was seen tagging her from behind in the bathroom, it appears she was supporting herself by her arm, and thus, she couldn't have been unconscious.

Either way or either, he was found not guilty......but the charge certainly wasn't dropped, and she didn't clearly express any consent on the tape, as prosecutors alleged she was unable to consent....although the jury found differently.

As for the 15-year old, she consented to oral, and has maintained she consented all along, and was seen consenting on video.....but prosecutors charge him with the aggravated molestation and argued she was too young to consent according to Georgia law at the time.

He was 17, she was 15, the jury convicted, and the judge issued the 10-year sentence.

I think we can all agree the sentence on the count of aggravated molestation in the case of the 15-year old was uncalled for....but adding the inflammatory circumstances of the rape charge against him in the case of the 17-year old, and the sentencing judge having watched the video and possibly being biased, one can understand that it may have been that which biased his actions in trying to "make good", and that it was a matter of Wilson's skin color.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating what the judge did, just elaborating on my opinion of why I think he did it, and I don't think it was because of his race, I think it was because the judge was pissed that Wilson was found not guilty on the rape count and in the judges mind, he felt he was guilty and tried to "make it good" on the sentencing end of the other charge.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

So RedBean was way wrong and conveniently screwing up facts to support an indefensible position!? Noooo! That's not the Beaner I know!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is kinda funny considering that they didn't drop the rape charge.

You just can't buy this kind of irony anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I took Thug's information on face value, since up until then neither of you had provided any actual information and your track record is not very good.

As it stands, I am not sure who is right and also don't care, because like I said: It's irrelevant and courts should be making correct decisions as they apply to the case in front of them.

You should look up the definition of irony if you think this qualifies. But, vocabulary is probably the least of your problems, so actually you should do a lot of other things first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow...seems you are pretty upset at being wrong and rushing in so quick to bag on me about it when you thought you were right. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

No sweat, man. It's all good. I knew you probably didn't know what you were talking about and were just jumping at the chance to bag on me. It's okay, I understand.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are odd.

If you find that information on the forced rape that he videotaped or whatever you claim to be right about, like I've been saying, go ahead and post it. Otherwise there is nothing to argue about and you just make yourself look more ridiculous.

The burden of proof is on you to prove the thing you claim happened lol.

EDIT: This is what I'm referring to btw.

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't looked at the details of this case in ages, but if I remember, while the consentual oral got an outlandish penalty.....I couldn't figure out how he got off on the rape count when the video shows him screwing a girl while shes practically knocked out unconscious and unable to consent.

I think the 10-year sentence was the judge's version of a "make right" for the jury's inability to convict on the rape charge.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the information I was referring to when I said you were wrong. If you have the videotape of him screwing and unconscious girl, then let me know.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This video will not make it to YouTube. You'll probably be seeing this video soon in edited form anyway, as Al Sharpton (whom I usually can't stand) is planning a protest calling for the resignation of DA McDade, and we all know what a media whore he is, and BJ Bernstein has been passing this video around to interested parties pretty frequently, so it will show up on Fox News/CNN soon.

Until then, just go to the Douglas County courthouse, go to the right as soon as you pass the metal detectors, and you will enter the records room. Request to see all files pertaining to GA v Genarlow Wilson and they will hand it over. If they don't, go upstairs to the DA's office and request copies of all evidence related to GA vs Genarlow Wilson.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice of Al Sharpton to take the side of the Duke lacrosse team, don'tyathink? Good to know that he sees no color in these things. A true non-bigot. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its public record, since it was used as evidence in court. You can see it too, just go through the proper channels. [/quote

Oh, I've seen the video, at least the version with the big black circles over their private parts, etc....I was just asking if he had seen it as he was calling it petty and admonishing me for thinking it was a slight bit more than just that.

I dunno though, what do you think? Was it a littel more than a 15yr old giving a 17yr old a BJ, in your opinion?

His ultimate fate of 2 years served is too much, not enough, just right?
Old 10-27-2007, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I've seen the video, at least the version with the big black circles over their private parts, etc....I was just asking if he had seen it as he was calling it petty and admonishing me for thinking it was a slight bit more than just that.

I dunno though, what do you think? Was it a littel more than a 15yr old giving a 17yr old a BJ, in your opinion?

His ultimate fate of 2 years served is too much, not enough, just right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I don't think that he committed a rape at all, and I certainly don't think a seventeen year old getting head from a 15 year old is a crime. I will admit that the seventeen year old was wasted however, she wasn't unconcious, nor was she fighting or appearing to be unwilling in any way.

I think 12 months probation on charges of minor alcohol consumption and consumption/possession of a controlled substance seems about right.

He wasn't very smart to film it, that much is absolute fact.

BTW, I fixed your quotes [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]