Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 01:18 AM

Default Re: ***Official ACC basketball thread***

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
maryland just lost to my tigers....trying to be nonbiased they looked pretty sloppy to me , lots of turnovers and poor shooting imo

[/ QUOTE ]

Good lord: Maryland 1-for-17 from deep after going 1-for-11 last night. Vasquez and Hayes combined for 0-for-14 tonight.

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

This team just isn't that good at all. Hayes and Vasquez just aren't very good. We have Gist, maybe Milbourne will step up, then....? They run some of the worst offensive "sets" I've ever seen. It's like rec league basketball out there
Old 11-21-2007, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
UNC is overrated
Duke will dominate

Go Devils!

[/ QUOTE ]

ha ha, money where your mouth is?

edit: you guys have no post presence and will live and die by the 3. i don't see how you'll be able to grind out close games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Singler gives us all the post presence we need ( + some good minutes from Zoubek)...we've never had a big man, don't need one when you shoot the 3 ball like we do and have great slashers like Henderson and Nelson

UNC will struggle to match-up w/ us this year....go to hell Carolina, go to hell
Old 11-21-2007, 01:58 PM

Maryland just hasn't been the same since winning the national title, what, six years ago? Not sure what it is ... I do think winning that title changed Gary Williams, though, I just don't get the sense he's as motivated or driven now as he was before. But I could be way off.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
UNC is overrated
Duke will dominate

Go Devils!

[/ QUOTE ]

ha ha, money where your mouth is?

edit: you guys have no post presence and will live and die by the 3. i don't see how you'll be able to grind out close games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Singler gives us all the post presence we need ( + some good minutes from Zoubek)...we've never had a big man, don't need one when you shoot the 3 ball like we do and have great slashers like Henderson and Nelson

UNC will struggle to match-up w/ us this year....go to hell Carolina, go to hell

[/ QUOTE ]

You've really proved your point in why will be shaking in our boots. How bout another overrated, underperforming Duke season. I can't wait. Without a good PG, it is so hard to win in the tourney. I'm pretty sure Paulus has proved to be the opposite of a good PG.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure Paulus has proved to be the opposite of a good PG.

[/ QUOTE ]

STFU you ignorant idiot, Paulus led the ACC in assists per game (5.19) as a true freshman and became just the fourth freshman in ACC history to lead the league in assists...lol @ Quetin Thomas, what a joke
Old 11-21-2007, 03:52 PM

You act like QT starts. He had 2 AA to pass to 2 seasons ago. How'd he do last year. He was also a HS AA, I doubt he'll even get drafted in the 2nd round. He dropped to 3.l8 APG last year. Please you can have all of Paulus you want. He's still a joke and will always be a joke.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt he'll even get drafted in the 2nd round.

[/ QUOTE ]

typical comment from Carolina fans....who gives a [censored] about getting drafted and the NBA

Greg is a good kid that plays hard, plays with heart, and plays to get the most out of wearing that Duke jersey...those are the kind of point guards Coach K likes, and the kind of leaders that win!

while Roy is out recruiting thugs like QT and Ty Lawson, Coach K is sititng at graduation
Old 11-21-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

typical comment from Carolina fans....who gives a [censored] about getting drafted and the NBA

Greg is a good kid that plays hard, plays with heart, and plays to get the most out of wearing that Duke jersey...those are the kind of point guards Coach K likes, and the kind of leaders that win!

while Roy is out recruiting thugs like QT and Ty Lawson, Coach K is sititng at graduation

[/ QUOTE ]

Thugs? Wasn't it Henderson that broke our best players nose before the tourney.

If you want a winner, I wouldn't use Paulus as evidence of that. I seem to remember a first round upset against the power known as VCU. Your beloved PG finally learned to shoot that game. Too bad he had 4A to 6 TO.

Also don't act like players from Coach K don't leave early anymore, they do. For the most part the ones that have left early have actually been better in the NBA.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure Paulus has proved to be the opposite of a good PG.

[/ QUOTE ]

STFU you ignorant idiot, Paulus led the ACC in assists per game (5.19) as a true freshman and became just the fourth freshman in ACC history to lead the league in assists...lol @ Quetin Thomas, what a joke

[/ QUOTE ]

The B,

The above post removes any credibility you may have had discussing Duke and/or the ACC going forward. Good day.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that you Wojo? LMAO at "Greg has so much heart" and he's a leader who knows how to win. Duke is 2-2 in the NCAA tournament since Paulus has been your starting PG, he's a huge big time winner obviously.

Typical Duke class calling Lawson and QT thugs. Hilarious since you know nothing about them at all except that QT/Lawson combination swept "great leader Greg Paulus" last year. Everyone who's not a New Jersey elitist smarmy douchebag is a "thug" to Duke fans. Any school that allowed Sean Dockery to grace their presence for four years should probably be quiet about throwing out the "thug" card.