Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 05:30 PM

Default Re: Politicians For and Against Online Poker, August 29, 2007

Brownback is out of the presidential race. Will announce tomorrow per report on local side of "All Things Considered" on NPR. No links yet. Cited lack of $ as reason for departure.

Bad news for me though because, according to report, he will run for Governor in 2010. Ugh!!!
Old 10-18-2007, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Brownback is out of the presidential race. Will announce tomorrow per report on local side of "All Things Considered" on NPR. No links yet. Cited lack of $ as reason for departure.

Bad news for me though because, according to report, he will run for Governor in 2010. Ugh!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Great news for America, but not so good for you. That would be a bad beat for sure if he wins the governor's race. Let's hope he gets crushed in that election.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:54 PM

IGREA gains another cosponsor. Rep. James Moran [VA-D] has become the 40th cosponsor. Rep. Moran was already sponsoring the Wexler bill and the study bill, so he remains rated A.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:06 PM

I didn't read the rest of the thread so I'm sure this has been mentioned, but Ron Paul is our greatest ally.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't read the rest of the thread so I'm sure this has been mentioned, but Ron Paul is our greatest ally.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why admit you are spamming and expect to be taken seriously.

D$D<--too stupid to ignore a spammmer!
Old 10-27-2007, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why admit you are spamming and expect to be taken seriously.

D$D<--too stupid to ignore a spammmer!

[/ QUOTE ]

At least he's an honest spammer -- most don't admit that they don't read the threads to which they post/spam.

It is funny that they're now spamming the sites that generally support Ron Paul.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:29 PM

Minor setback in the scheme of things. Bobby Jindal(sp) won in Louisiana. Big time ChristaNazi Bushie rubber stamp Republican will be governor. A lot had to do with Katrina and the lack of Dem votes in NO. Not sure if gambling is high on his radar, but he is a bible thumper and a half. Probably goes to the same whorehouse Vitter does.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Minor setback in the scheme of things. Bobby Jindal(sp) won in Louisiana. Big time ChristaNazi Bushie rubber stamp Republican will be governor. A lot had to do with Katrina and the lack of Dem votes in NO. Not sure if gambling is high on his radar, but he is a bible thumper and a half. Probably goes to the same whorehouse Vitter does.

[/ QUOTE ]

True. At least he'll be out of the House now (where he cosponsored Goodlatte's ban bill and voted for HR 4411).
Old 11-05-2007, 06:31 PM

Default New Wexler bill cosponsor

Rep. Steve Israel, Steve [D-NY], has cosponsored the Wexler bill, bringing the number of cosponsors to 18. Rep. Israel is now cosponsoring all three bills and remains A rated.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:59 PM

Here is Jerry Moran, R-KS, on the F* list. He mentions poker and gambling separately, although it is clear from the second instance he does this that he views poker as lumped in with gambling. The weak part is that it seems he would only be willing to go so far as to consider a study bill. This is actually pretty good in a state where the prevailing view is that dinosaur museums are frauds. He is careful to say that UIGEA cuts off money outbound, so that is good detail.

Dear flight2q:

Many Kansans play poker and gamble on the Internet. I appreciate you sharing with me your concerns about the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of 2006.

The legislation that you referenced, the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act (UIGEA), was signed into law by President Bush last year with the intention of strengthening security at our nation's ports. Included in this bill were provisions that cut off the flow of money to poker and other gambling websites. Congress is currently considering legislation that would provide for an analysis of this new law's impact. The Internet Gambling Study Act Internet Gambling Study Act [sic], H.R. 2140, requires the National Research Council to conduct a comprehensive study of Internet gambling, including the impact of the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act on gambling in the United States. I will keep your thoughts in mind as Congress considers this legislation.

I am thankful for the opportunity Kansans have given me to try to make a difference for them in Washington, D.C. Any time you have suggestions on how I can do my job better, please let me know.

Very truly yours,
Jerry Moran