Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2007, 04:01 AM

Default Healthcare, infrastructure, schools and law and order.

I don't really know where to begin or where i am at exactly.
I think that many of the ideas held by libertarians are correct.
If we put aside what we know about governments in general, how they are often corrupt, incompetent, take large portions of our money and delivers back what we feel is inadequate for what we have given, would you mind paying a portion of your money to make sure that everyone had the above things if you knew that the people in charge would deliver? If you knew that your hard earned money were treated with the respect they deserved.
I believe that everyone should have an equal chance to make it in this world and if we as a society could provide the above that chance would be given to individuals.
I would not mind paying a bit of my salary to make sure that that everyone, even those who do not deserve it get health care, all children even those raised by poor or neglecting parents have the opportunity to a solid education.
Basically i think education is the most important thing and i don't want ones background to dictate what kind of education he or she gets.
Anyways, i am sort of rambling with no real beginning nor an end and i guess i need guidance to truly understand where i stand and why.
Hoping for some feedback from libertarians and anyone who wish to chip in.