Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 03:05 PM

Default The next Potrippers

Hi,

This may sounds a little paranoid.

Potripper is probably one of the first person found cheating on poker online. Even if Absolut Poker manage to understand how that guy can see the cards it basically means that it is virtually possible to do it again... (some cheater were also found on other sites like betfair, no ?)

We can assume that the next hackers instead of being bad poker players as potripper will know the basic principles of poker and will also take into account the fact that the pokersites can see the hand history. They will therefore play in such a way that it will not be obvious at all that they are cheating.

I don't know a lot about poker legislation but what i understand is that the pokersites and sites like click2pay, neteller etc are not in very good relations with the States. But only the States are able to sue people for criminal cases...

Do you believe that it's technically possible for a pokersite to prevent any kind of hacking ? (and isn't the potrippers case and Co. a proof that it is not ?!)

Excuse my english, i'm french (beat).
Old 10-19-2007, 03:06 PM

Default Re: The next Potrippers

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

This may sounds a little paranoid.

Potripper is probably one of the first person found cheating on poker online. Even if Absolut Poker manage to understand how that guy can see the cards it basically means that it is virtually possible to do it again... (some cheater were also found on other sites like betfair, no ?)

We can assume that the next hackers instead of being bad poker players as potripper will know the basic principles of poker and will also take into account the fact that the pokersites can see the hand history. They will therefore play in such a way that it will not be obvious at all that they are cheating.

I don't know a lot about poker legislation but what i understand is that the pokersites and sites like click2pay, neteller etc are not in very good relations with the States. But only the States are able to sue people for criminal cases...

Do you believe that it's technically possible for a pokersite to prevent any kind of hacking ? (and isn't the potrippers case and Co. a proof that it is not ?!)

Excuse my english, i'm french (beat).

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-19-2007, 03:07 PM

Default Re: The next Potrippers

Every 5ptbb winner at 5/10NL and above is doing this very cleverly right now, even Grimstar.