20 to 30 hours/week 19 20.88%
30 to 40 hours/week 4 4.40%
> 40 hours/week 3 3.30%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-22-2006, 04:52 PM

Default Average Speed VI - Pirates of Pogglesport

<u>RULES</u>

AFK
If you have signed up, please play. It is unfair to the others to sign up and then go AFK or “lose interest”. Everyone will be expected to post at least once a day – a day being between 8AM EDT and 10PM EDT.

If you do not post at least once during this time, you will be considered dead at 10PM that evening. If a sub is available, they will come in as your replacement. The replacement will be announced at 10PM EDT. If there is no replacement, your death and role will be announced instead. No exceptions.

If you are going to be gone for a day or two, that’s perfectly fine. Just PM me and let me know. I will let the village know that you are “on vacation”. (You may also tell them, if you wish). You can still be lynched by villagers or eaten by wolves, but I will not kill or replace you during that time.

Lynchings
There will be at least <u>one lynching a day</u>. If by 10pm EDT there has been no lynching since 10PM the previous day, <u>the person with the most votes will be lynched. </u>. A majority before 10PM EDT will constitute a lynching.

Nightfall
Nobody should be posting after nightfall. I realize that some people like to celebrate a wolf lynching – I am okay with that. But no names, hints, strategies, etc are to be posted. The lynched party may PM their dying words. If appropriate, I will post them.

If there is a “mid-day lynching” by majority, wolves and seers will have 6 hours to send me their picks. If a lynching occurs and picks are received before 4PM – another day will start and end at 10PM <u>that day</u>. Otherwise, day will not begin until 8AM the next morning.

After a 10PM automatic lynching, the wolves and seers have until 8am EDT to submit their picks.

Your first pick is binding. If I do not hear from a wolf within the allocated timeframe, there will be a random villager death. If I hear from 2 wolves, I will take the first wolf’s pick….so be sure you agree. If I do not hear from the seer in the allocated timeframe, they will receive a random “sight”.

Wolves and seers can PM me early, if they are going to be away for a longer period of time, and are afraid they will miss a lynching. If they do, that PM will only be used if I do not hear from them within the allocated timeframe. I will use it instead of a random choice.

Please be sure you want to post what you are posting before you post it….in case a final vote shows up while you are typing. POSTS ARE NOT TO BE DELETED! If you accidentally post after a final vote or once night has fallen – you are stuck with that post. You are not to delete it. You may only edit for punctuation/spelling/bolding and must note what you changed. Otherwise, you are stuck with it. The reason for this is because one person may see that post. And if one person sees it, then everyone is entitled to see it. It is now officially part of the game thread.

During the day, you can post anything you want. You can make up whatever truths or lies you want. It is my opinion that when people “deduce someone’s role” based on information outside of the game thread – they are more often wrong than right. The only rule that stands is <u>no game communication is allowed with other players outside of the thread</u> – except for wolves at night.

Even if you are dead, please do not communicate with others in the game <u>about the game</u> until the game is over.

Voting
You may vote, you may unvote, you may vote yourself. Only votes outside of quotes will be counted.

The game will start Monday (7/24) between 8am and 9am. (I have a 7am meeting and will call day as soon as I get out.)

Current Players
Boiler
Chuckles
dankhank
dknightx
Durron
Elevens
Eskimo
Fish
Fnord
GT1T
IY
Kyro
Nick
OurHouse
Pudley
ScottH
Shorty
theBram
Traz
WDCbooks
Willmagic
Xorbie
Zurvan

16 villagers, 5 wolves, 2 seers

1 seer will get a free peek, 1 seer will not

Anyone willing to sub - please PM me.
Old 07-22-2006, 08:24 PM

Default Re: Average Speed VI Game Thread

Change in plans - both seers will get a free peek.
Old 07-23-2006, 05:39 PM

Pogglesport is a lovely seaside settlement, situated halfway between Nassau and Barbados. It is known for its’ friendly, albeit odd, villagers, as well as excellent brew and lively entertainment. Ships are often known to pull into port for the sailors to take a break from their hard days at sea.

But what Pogglesport is best known for is its’ village panda. The panda is their pride and joy. They treat their most treasured possession like royalty.

In recent months, rumors have been brewing that pirates have settled in town. No one had paid much heed to these rumors, though, and life has gone on as usual. As the little village settles into a restful slumber Sunday evening, they have no idea what is in store for them the following morning.....
Old 07-24-2006, 08:17 AM

Piracy has become expensive to fund in the 21st century. And to make matters worse, recruitment has dropped off dramatically. So the Pirates of Pogglesport, a secret society, hatched a plan to kidnap the village panda and either convert her to a pirate or sell her to another island to fund their next raid.

So, as the village slept, the pirates went over to Shippit Way and grab poor KM.

As morning breaks over the seaport town, little Kyroina (a darling little child in pigtails) skips happily over to KM’s place to deliver the morning buffet. But immediately Kyroina notices KM is missing (she’s a <u>smart</u> little girl –&gt; no panda = panda missing). Left behind on the ground is a tattered pirate's flag.

“ZOMG!” she cries. “I’m not a seer, but there must be pirates around! I bet they kidnapped KM!”

Roll Call
Boiler
Chuckles
dankhank
dknightx
Durron
Elevens
Eskimo
Fish
Fnord
GT1T
IY
Kyro
Nick
OurHouse
Pudley
ScottH
Shorty
theBram
Traz
WDCbooks
Willmagic
Xorbie
Zurvan

16 villagers, 5 wolves, 2 seers

12 to majority lynch

It is day

All read receipts are in with the exception of Traz, whose role could not be PM’d due to a full mailbox. If I do not hear from him today he will either be replaced or mod-killed.

Anyone wishing to sub – please PM me!!!
Old 07-24-2006, 08:18 AM

**********MOD ANNOUNCEMENT*****************

Elevens is playing but has family matters to attend to today, so he may not be able to post until late today or tomorrow.

**********MOD ANNOUNCEMENT*****************
Old 07-24-2006, 08:20 AM

Vote Nick

Because we might be the only ones here.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:21 AM

Lynch shorty
Old 07-24-2006, 08:22 AM

Shorty!!
Old 07-24-2006, 08:22 AM

Actually, Lynch OurHouse for not including me in his avatar [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 07-24-2006, 08:23 AM

How wrong I was.