Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

View Poll Results: Would OOT enjoy an "ask me" thread about lesbians?
yes 9 9.89%
YES 82 90.11%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2007, 12:59 AM

Default Re: who does tOSU play in the title game?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If Hawaii wins their game tonight, they should be in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Why why why why why?

This argument should include three teams: Oklahoma, USC, and LSU. I can't comprehend how other people think there should be any other options besides those three teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

The goal of a season should be to declare an undisputed champ. If Hawaii loses the National title game then whatever team they lost to is the rightful national champ. Every other school would have lost including Hawaii. If Hawaii wins that game, then they've just beaten a tough team(in addittion to already beating a pretty good Boise St team) and they deserve it. Either way, I don't see how thats unfair! Whats unfair is what happened to Boise St last year. Do you not agree that Boise St did not get a fair shake last year in that they were undefeated, beat a solid Oklahoma team, and yet never got a shot at a title? That could happen again this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry but this argument is completely idiotic. Hawaii gets the benefit of playing the 3rd softest schedule in the land, and would have NO CHANCE of being anything better than AT BEST 9-3 with a top 30 schedule. AT BEST.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just don't get it...

You think Hawaii is just benefitting from a tough schedule. I think they are truly a very good team. I also felt this way about Boise St last year, while I'm not sure of what your views on Boise St were. Now that we disagree here, I don't care about- lets just agree to disagree on this paragraph and not bother debating it. But.....

My solution is to put Hawaii against a top team in the National Title Game. That way we find out if me or you is right.

Your solution is to omit them. That way we may never find out who was right.

HUH????!!! This is what I just don't get- why would you not want to find out how good Hawaii is?

Its a well known fact that going into a season, most teams realize that if they lose one game then theres a chance they may have lost their national title shot. Every team knows this, and this year every team has lost a game(except Hawaii). So no team(except Hawaii) is truly deserving of a title shot and none have a legit beef of being excluded since they knew going in that a loss could mean no title shot.

edited to add: I don't actually think that Hawaii is a top 2 team in the nation. But I'd sure as hell rather find out for sure than to not find out.