Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 11-26-2007, 01:35 AM

Default Re: ***Official SNF PHI/NE thread***

[ QUOTE ]
i think the blueprint thing is overrated too, it's not like there's some big secret with the pats, but the basic approach - being very aggressive, going after brady, trying to get turnovers / big plays, etc - is something you would THINK people would have tried before. i mean to an extent people are always trying to do that - every team has a pass rush, some just suck - but it seems like a lot of teams this year have just tried to sit back, manage the clock, keep brady off the field, etc. [censored] that, you need to blitz his ass, press the receivers, and play physical if you can get away with it. it was games like this that had the colts crying to the competition committee about pats' DBs and contact downfield, other teams should keep trying the same thing.

a team like the steelers is not going to be very aggressive offensively most of the time, but maybe this game gives them some ideas. or maybe they already knew about these weaknesses and it's just that no team has shown the ability to keep their QB safe long enough to exploit them.

i dunno, basically i agree that the blueprint notion is overrated, but i think some weaknesses were also exposed tonight

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you here, but I just think the Pats are too good, or moreso the opposing coaches of the teams they have played, are too good to have overlooked the basic gameplan of punch randy in the mouth and pressure brady. Just like when the Colts lost to the chargers in the midst of their perfect season run, and it was claimed this provided the blueprint, my feeling was the Colts just didn't show up with the hammer ready to play. This was my feeling tonite with the Pats, that it wasn't so much the gameplan, as Feeley putting up a Montana performance till it was Montana-time, and the Pats lineman getting pushed around all night. But the Eagles ran their plan tonite to perfection, and it seems that it will be extremely difficult for any other team to run that plan with the same success.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:36 AM

the game-planning for mcnabb argument is bogus anyway, it was pretty obvious all week he wasn't going to go, and even if he does, there's a good chance he gets hurt and you have to be ready for feeley. if feeley lit us up for three quarters because the pats spent all their time gameplanning for mcnabb, then the coaching staff are [censored] idiots. and i doubt that's the case.

[ QUOTE ]
Eagles get destroyed if McNabb starts this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the Eagles will get a ___ round draft pick for McNabb?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

See I can't take much stock in this because you're terribly biased against McNabb.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I'm retarded. CW says to go for the win on the road. I was just caught up in the worst possible scenario probably being an easy FG attempt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? This isn't even close to the worst scenario. Weren't the Eagles on the 30 yard line? What if Westbrook loses 2 yards and then Feeley gets sacked?

[/ QUOTE ]
Or they get to 4th an 2 and have a 45 yard FG for a below average kicker.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And the Eagles will get a ___ round draft pick for McNabb?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who cares? Just get him away from the team at all costs.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:38 AM

btw, I doubt that even the Eagles could execute their own "blueprint" again like this. they played pretty amazing.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just like when the Colts lost to the chargers in the midst of their perfect season run, and it was claimed this provided the blueprint, my feeling was the Colts just didn't show up with the hammer ready to play. This was my feeling tonite with the Pats, that it wasn't so much the gameplan, as Feeley putting up a Montana performance till it was Montana-time, and the Pats lineman getting pushed around all night. But the Eagles ran their plan tonite to perfection, and it seems that it will be extremely difficult for any other team to run that plan with the same success.

[/ QUOTE ]

agree with all this, the pats really looked flat, some guys got hurt, etc.

another way to describe it, though, is a career backup QB with a receiving corps comprised of 4 guys who wouldn't even get on the field in a pats uniform perforated our defense for three quarters, and moss looked very average in the face of some physical confrontation. it's good that we still won, and it will probably have the pats fired up the next couple weeks and working harder than ever, but it really showed that, even with great disparities in talent and coaching, there is a lot of [censored] variance in the NFL, and anybody can make a play at any time.

but yeah, we played like ass, the eagles played way over their heads in several ways, reid came in with an excellent game plan, and we still won. that's good.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:40 AM

BTW, Philly fans are something else. Their team just played one of the most dominant teams of all time as well as anybody has this year with a backup QB and they have found nothing good to say, only criticism of the coaches and starting QB. You guys are awesome.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMFT!! McNabb should never play another down for the Eagles!
He would have never made those pases Feely made because he never would have even thrown the ball.The team always plays harder for Feely, Garcia, Detmer et al.. Fatboy McPukey is a joke and probably woulhave puked on the field again.