Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2007, 01:41 PM

Default 9 person tables

This may well be the wrong forum but i just have to ask.

I have consistently beaten games on stars, cryptos, ongame and prima at 1/2, running around 2.2 bb/100 over 80k+ hands.

I struggled on absolute but just put it down to the fact that most of the time it's a table full of tags chasing each other around.

I've been playing on full tilt for about 2 months, basically taking shots at higher limits, but decided to drop back down to 1/2 because i know i can beat the game at that level.

After 11k hands i remain a consistent loser.

Are there adjustments I need to make playing full ring with 9 instead of 10 or am i just running bad and blaming the tables?
Old 01-10-2007, 02:00 PM

Default Re: 9 person tables

I also recently started playing more on full tilt recently. I like the 9-handed games, makes me feel just a little more in control of the situation.

11k hands is a solid sample. Kind of a long time to be running bad. Playing shorthanded your small PP, Axs, suited connectors are less valuable. I don't know how much that makes a difference with just one less player. But if you're limping those hands EP a lot maybe it's a problem. Should be easy to check your BB/hand for those hands with pokertracker. Also, how does ft rake compare to rake at the other sites where you play?
Old 01-10-2007, 02:21 PM

compared to all of the ther sites combined it works out slightly lower, if my poketracker stats are right.

thanks for the insight, i'll take a look at this part of my game.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also recently started playing more on full tilt recently. I like the 9-handed games, makes me feel just a little more in control of the situation.

11k hands is a solid sample. Kind of a long time to be running bad. Playing shorthanded your small PP, Axs, suited connectors are less valuable. I don't know how much that makes a difference with just one less player. But if you're limping those hands EP a lot maybe it's a problem. Should be easy to check your BB/hand for those hands with pokertracker. Also, how does ft rake compare to rake at the other sites where you play?

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely would not consider 9 players a SH table. Limping small-med PPs and Axs in EP is just table dependant.

Flick,
I would just chalk this up to running bad if you are confident your game is strong. Just post some hands if you are not sure about them or think they are interesting. If you PM me your FT screen name, I can check what PT stats I have on you and any notes I have if you are curious.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:07 PM

you can always try a session review to recalibrate your game. Theres an FAQ in that link that should answer most of your questions.

The next signup period will probably be the weekend after next (around the 20thJan)
Old 01-10-2007, 07:09 PM

I don't think 1 person makes THAT big of a difference.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As an aside... running bad for 11k is totally possible.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It does if it's Bob Bradley (or whoever that guy is from SNL).
Old 01-10-2007, 07:26 PM

Someone change aussie's title to "Session Review Pimp" pls.
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2007, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It does if it's Bob Bradley (or whoever that guy is from SNL).

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean Bill Brasky? I hear he's 8' tall and could sell ice cubes to Eskimos.