Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2007, 08:05 PM

Default Re: Newhizzle v Neverwin - dramabomb blog post

[ QUOTE ]
Every time I read about Newhizzle at Neverwin's door....I pictured this kid looking for his $2.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 07-09-2007, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I laugh every time I get the mental image of Newhizzle standing outside neverwins house banging down the door wanting his money back.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLOL how did this not get more love? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-09-2007, 08:41 PM

I'm reading the corresponding thread over at Neverwin's site. I've never been there before and didn't really have much of an opinion on the guy. Reading his responses in his thread he sounds like a complete douche. His responses on the last few pages involve him threatening to put a few posters in the hospital. It's even more amusing because the original poster usually has a well worded and articulate post critical of Neverwin. Neverwin then responds with the vocabulary of a 6th grader threatening to beat the [censored] out of everyone. Amusing.

In regards to Newhizzle I'd like to echo Microbob's statement. If I ever luckbox my way to a 2 million dollar payday and start exhibiting Newhouse style judgment please take me behind a barn and put a bullet in my head so my family can benefit from what's left of the money before I piss it all away. Thanks.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Gamblers get in prison type of trouble when they use violence to collect or deal with percentage collectors. Collecting is what can ruin an otherwise great life as a poker pro.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Johnny. It was seriously time someone said this. Everytime one of these deadbeat dramas come up, a bucnh of Tony Soprano wannabes pop-up with advice about how to apply physical pressure to get paid. Call me a wimp, but it would take an awful lot of cash to make me risk jail, however richly deserved an ass-kicking would be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me preface this by saying that I do not condone violence or any type of illegal activity but it is uncommon for someone to get in prison type trouble this way, not that newhizzle is the type of person who would even consider this option.

People get in trouble this way if their target has bigger balls/is more dangerous than they are, if they are willing to get revenge. Otherwise prison trouble is only really going to come about if the goons testify in court against their employer after get caught on tape via undercover wire worn by the target. Otherwise the 'trouble' is simply hearsay.

The poker world is somewhat unique as people are backing themselves and individuals are backing other individuals. With bookies you are not really going to get roughed up but you will have to pay, your not gonna get let off a 50K debt. They will work something out with you, but you will pay.

In the drug world people get put down for this kind of money, and frequently a lot less.

Running a con on a poker player you can get away with it, it's like running a con on an old lady. Hustlers are counting on the fact that 99 times out of 100 they are not dealing with someone accustomed to using violence to solve problems.

Overall it is an effective collection method. When a couple 260 lb. guys in full length leathers walk into your kitchen one afternoon without knocking and have a serious onversation about you taking care of your financial obligations it gets most people's attention.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:52 PM

Am I the only one hoping Newhizzle ends up cashing big in the main event and hopefully doesn't lend out any more money?
Old 07-09-2007, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fwiw, all the "geeks" in the above picture enjoy high quality drugs + liqour, win a [censored] load of money, and can (will eventually) buy expensive hookers with ease while still being themselves. Sounds good to me, I dunno.

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

FTFY.

By the way, I don't believe that's Nath in that picture. I've seen other pictures of Nath. His face morphs continuously, yet in that photo, it's static.

Clearly an imposter.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont see why people get so offended at the word "geek".I smoke all the time and dont consider myself cool or a geek...just a stoner.

people call each other meaningless names all the time, why do people still take it personally?

[/ QUOTE ]

Geek isn't even a derogatory label anymore.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one hoping Newhizzle ends up cashing big in the main event and hopefully doesn't lend out any more money?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. I hope for the first part.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Gamblers get in prison type of trouble when they use violence to collect or deal with percentage collectors. Collecting is what can ruin an otherwise great life as a poker pro.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Johnny. It was seriously time someone said this. Everytime one of these deadbeat dramas come up, a bucnh of Tony Soprano wannabes pop-up with advice about how to apply physical pressure to get paid. Call me a wimp, but it would take an awful lot of cash to make me risk jail, however richly deserved an ass-kicking would be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wimp.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:00 PM

where is neverwin's blog talkiing aobut this??