Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 01:19 PM

Default Re: My life is over.

this is a pretty rough time dude, breaking up with live in girlfriends is pretty tough.

i had to do it twice and it took catastrophic events for me to finally muster up the courage to break it off. they were both succubus's for the record.

good luck to ya.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

After my last update, I took a plane and went visiting some friends abroad. I just left a note at home explaining that I was very stressed and needed some time on my own.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure about this, because I don't have much experience with relationships. But my advice is still that if you want to have a better relationship you should work on your communication. Counseling sounds like a good idea. If that is too big a step, then maybe some self-help books could be an aid to improve things.
Old 11-14-2006, 05:57 PM

No need to talk with her further.

Print this entire thread.
Tape it to the 'frig.

Sit back and see how she handles it.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:34 PM

ttt
Old 11-20-2006, 03:49 PM

Go watch Borat! I am seriuos, it really helps you forget about everything else in the world and laugh.
Old 11-22-2006, 05:50 PM

Well, sounds to me like she doesn't respect you. Can't have a relationship without mutual respect. Then again, you can't expect her to sit there in the house all day being silent either. No TV or music seems a bit unreasonable to me. Have you tried a schedule or compromise? Something other than telling her that her presence bothers you?

At this point it sounds like you're on life tilt (welcome to adulthood lol) and whether she deserves it or not, she is taking some of the blame for your unhappiness. Perhaps she responds to that in the typical female passive aggressive manner? "Ooops, I forgot?" (Yes, I can say that, I'm a girl)

FWIW I aspire to waste my life playing poker. Though if you don't enjoy it, well, you only live once. A friend of mine says, "I'm not here for a long time, I'm here for a good time."
Old 11-22-2006, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How about getting a full time job to support herself?

[/ QUOTE ]

She's done that. Her full-time job is catching a man. Sad to say it, but for an unskilled woman in her forties, what other job do you suggest that she can get that would pay anywhere near as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

if all youre going to do is spew your feminist-nazi [censored], then fk off.
Old 11-23-2006, 05:40 AM

Your girlfiend is putting you on tilt. Learn to tolerate her and you will be a better player. I don't mean to put up with ridiculous stuff, but you said every little thing now bugs you. The big stuff, put a damn stop to it. Man up. Disrespect is not cool for either of you to do to the other. She is NOT going to respect you unless you have self respect.
Old 11-24-2006, 04:16 AM

I read the OP and a number of the follow up posts, and I can't help but think he's doing the right thing. If someone in some other job sounded like this miserable, I'd think they might want a career change. Being a poker pro is still a job.

As far as the gf: maybe she's great in a lot of other respects, but I think I'd log off and set her straight in a serious way, especially after talking to her about it.
Old 11-24-2006, 05:38 AM

Yeah, I would "talk" to her also. I would let my actions do the talking, if she's not down, that's not my problem...
Closed Thread