Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2007, 04:43 PM

Default Re: Hand from Mandalay Bay (not mine)

wow I can't shove chips in there fast enough on the turn.

on the river...well yeah, everyone always says 'no worse hand calls' when considering raising spots like this. is that true? it seems like it ought to be, but, really? nobody ever sees AA or even 55 play like that? cause they do bet/call these rivers a lot.

but I just call. but I think there is a type of hand where a raise is appropriate and where nobody ever makes it, and that type is awfully close to this one.

edit: in fact I'm gonna post a hand like that in a sec.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:58 PM

I don't get the turn check. I would bet turn and call a push/push over his raise.

On the river I'd just call. I can't see him calling a worse hand on river if we raise.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:28 AM

Wrote this to the player who had 77:

This is really tough. Cory likes to play position, so I doubt he raises pre here without JJ-AA, AK.

I obv call pre, and also like your bet on the flop. Now we have to put him on a hand. What can he have? Well, it is doubtful he has an overpair, as he would have had to lead at the pot on the flop. That leaves only 1 possibility(other than air), and that is AKdd. This is really weird. In my opinion, Cory would either lead with AKdd on that flop, or ckraise. So, now we can’t put him on a hand. If you check behind a player like Cory on that turn, he is likely gonna bluff the river. This is why I think you have to call getting ~ 2.5-1 on the river.

I am really not sure how I’d play the turn. Betting and getting ckraised is the worst feeling in the world. I would probably check behind then call the river.

Bax
Old 05-31-2007, 02:52 AM

bet the turn call a raise
Old 05-31-2007, 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

This is really tough. Cory likes to play position, so I doubt he raises pre here without JJ-AA, AK.

I obv call pre, and also like your bet on the flop. Now we have to put him on a hand. What can he have? Well, it is doubtful he has an overpair, as he would have had to lead at the pot on the flop. That leaves only 1 possibility(other than air), and that is AKdd. This is really weird. In my opinion, Cory would either lead with AKdd on that flop, or ckraise. So, now we can’t put him on a hand. If you check behind a player like Cory on that turn, he is likely gonna bluff the river. This is why I think you have to call getting ~ 2.5-1 on the river.

I am really not sure how I’d play the turn. Betting and getting ckraised is the worst feeling in the world. I would probably check behind then call the river.

Bax

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, I guess I'm not quite as unhappy as you are about getting checkraised on the turn.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Bax

[/ QUOTE ]

Bax you say what you think his range is and then say how he wouldn't play AKdd prob like that so how does getting c/r sucks I'm happy to get it in and fade 10 outs.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:27 AM

why do you guys keep including bluffs in his range? do you honestly think he has air here ever? i think that's super unlikely, probably 5% of his range is bluffs at most and thats seems very very generous imo.

i haven't played much w/ this guy so i don't know if he's super fps/spewy, but pretty sure he'd have to be off the wall to have air here often enough that you can use it as a justification for calling getting only 2.5:1.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:30 AM

Because when I can't put someone on a hand, I play more carefully.

Bax
Old 05-31-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because when I can't put someone on a hand, I play more carefully.

Bax

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with that but if it's hardest to put them on a hand that beats you then I usually bet and I am happy and don't forget if he played a really trick FD and got there you still have 10 outs not like you are dead to 1 card.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:11 PM

yeah, i bet the turn and am happy to get it in here.

as played, call the river obviously.