Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 08:13 PM

Default Re: Some Stuff About PUA (very long)

I agree that a lot of the PUA stuff is stupid. But I don't get mad/judge the guys who use it. I get mad at the GIRLS that fall for it, then complain that guys are only interested in them for sex and are bastards and they really want a nice guy. Except then they fall for another guy who [censored] them and leaves.

Personally, I'd rather be a nice guy and not have to use stupid tricks like being an [censored] and never complimenting a girl to get her to sleep with me. But if girls are only going to sleep with me if I'm an [censored], then fine, that's what they get. It's not my fault, it's theres.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Funny how the PUA apologists always seem to be the biggest d-bags.

KJS

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly! Just admit it. Admit it andd let's make something useful from all of this.

Let's take you, Vehn. You talk about aggressive manhood and not being a bitch all the time, but you also by your own admission pretty much hate women. This is probably not coincidence, at least not entirely.

By the same token - how many of you apologists posted in that 'I don't think I'm really capable of love' thread we had going a while back? I recognize a few names.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that a lot of the PUA stuff is stupid. But I don't get mad/judge the guys who use it. I get mad at the GIRLS that fall for it, then complain that guys are only interested in them for sex and are bastards and they really want a nice guy. Except then they fall for another guy who [censored] them and leaves.

Personally, I'd rather be a nice guy and not have to use stupid tricks like being an [censored] and never complimenting a girl to get her to sleep with me. But if girls are only going to sleep with me if I'm an [censored], then fine, that's what they get. It's not my fault, it's theres.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats going to be really funny is when Oprah covers the PUA stuff on her show. This will wise up teh chicks, and the ploys wont work, and most likely will do the opposite. And for teh record, I dont think guys are much different than girls when it comes to wanting things they cant have, how many posts do we have from guys whining about some chick dumping him. guys are just hornier a larger percentage of the time.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:19 PM

calc,

You will never be satisfied at the quality of poon you get with those thoughts. It's sad, but it is the truth.

You can be a nice guy and still know how to deal with girls. It is not all about being a dick or never complimenting a girl.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:21 PM

Cardo,

--
PUAs - "Look, get real. This is what works, this is what the world is like, this is how it is."
Nerds - "But it's wrong!"
--

Please articulate more specifically what you feel is "wrong" about male-female social dynamics in our society.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:22 PM

Nice, guids and cardo join forces for a PUA witch hunt! wheeeeeee!

*grabs popcorn*

Yugoslav
Old 08-08-2007, 08:23 PM

I'd like to ask the guys that have gotten involved in the PUA community: did you do so because you felt inadequate in your previous social interactions?

This is not a loaded question! I am genuinely interested if this is the case.

I wonder if the most anti-PUA's are actually in the middle ground, those who "do Ok", but only just, and see no need for what they see as just tricks and methods of deception. Those who are in the "lonely and pathetic" camp (no offense) perhaps are more likely to see it as a useful tool to change themselves. And those on the other end already have some level of natural ability and game, for whatever reason.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LFS,

"I've always been my most successful with women when I really don't care one way or another"

Yeah, but have you ever had the deal where you have all sorts of women that you're sort of whatever about all over you, but then you run into a girl that you are super into and then flub it up somehow? Maybe call her too much, maybe be too eager, maybe not now when to shut up, maybe be too available, etc.

I've done crap like that a number of times and feel like a lot of this stuff is about sort of bottling up the way you are when you are not nervous or intimidated at all about the outcome (which generally leads to positive results) and applying that in situations where you are actually somewhat anxious about things.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like modeling, very NLP.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice, guids and cardo join forces for a PUA witch hunt! wheeeeeee!

*grabs popcorn*

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not on a witch-hunt, I think i made it clear. What Im saying is that staying on th level of a PUA, w/o progressing passed the cheap ploys, and "neg hits", etc, will make you a douche bag in the long run. Its a great jumping off point, but its not the point Id ever want to stay at for too long.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:27 PM

guids, good stuff.