Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2006, 02:52 AM

Default Re: Trip Report: Tony stops a robbery

[ QUOTE ]
Me and a friend sprayed my roomate with mace the other day and i can say that from the look on his face and how much discomfort he was in it has to be a [censored] feeling. I feel your pain.

[/ QUOTE ]

My roommate brought home a video of him and his police academy buddies getting tased and maced, neither looked that fun. It was funny to see those fatties dunking their heads in a barrel of water like their lives depended on it though.

I got caught in tear gas once and was convinced I was going to die. I was way out from the middle of it as well.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:16 AM

Race of the mother for clearer depiction of events plz.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:18 AM

Awesome story. You should definitely get a bonus.

I like the fact that all the bookstore stuff are fluent in the ott secret agent code language e.g. Code Adam, when you could just say 'Missing Child'. Is this standard in most places with security guards, 2 way radios etc? Or are the bookstore staff just trying to make work more fun by making it a bit more '24'?

There's probably someone you could sue somewhere for the whole mace thing. But i dont advocate that as i'm generally against the compensation culture.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
cool story

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nice job man
Old 09-07-2006, 08:30 AM

Am I the only one who wouldnt give a crap about the money and be more worried about my safety, instead of possibly having a bad altercation with a big unknown guy in the middle of NYC. Im not getting knifed over Barnes and Nobel losing out on some money.

Cool story regardless, but eh, to each his own in these things. If it was possible someone I worked with or someone I cared about might get hurt then it would be different, but a robbery...no thanks.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:32 AM

I just have a couple of questions:

1) Why wouldn't you have ordered a lockdown immediately when presented with the possibility of a missing child, rather than waiting until you suspected, instead, the possiblity of a $2000 robbery?

2) Why would only person on duty have keys in a store of this size?
Old 09-07-2006, 08:56 AM

great story, nice job tony.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:01 AM

Jaffa,
Code Adam is a standard security thing for lost children. It is named after Adam Walsh (John Walsh's son- got abducted while shopping)

Chess,
Code Adams happen, 3-4 times a week. They are usually resolved quickly. Locking down the exits is actually part of the "official code adam" procedure given to us on these info things by the NYPD, but we rarely do it.

There are a lot of managers in this store, and every one having the store keys/alarm codes would be a security mess. Only a few are "key holders" and can open and close the store. Generally it's more common for fewer people to have keys the larger a store is.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Jaffa,
Code Adam is a standard security thing for lost children. It is named after Adam Walsh (John Walsh's son- got abducted while shopping)

Chess,
Code Adams happen, 3-4 times a week. They are usually resolved quickly. Locking down the exits is actually part of the "official code adam" procedure given to us on these info things by the NYPD, but we rarely do it.

There are a lot of managers in this store, and every one having the store keys/alarm codes would be a security mess. Only a few are "key holders" and can open and close the store. Generally it's more common for fewer people to have keys the larger a store is.

[/ QUOTE ]

T-

Is Code Adam just for stores then? Because I was always under the impression that its "Amber Alert" for missing children, but maybe that's just during kidnappings. Anyways, awesome job. This calls for some Shake Shack.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was on a B&N in near Lincoln Center this weekend with that description...

[/ QUOTE ]

Lincoln Center B&N was my first thought as well.