Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 04:34 AM

Default Re: Hoss getting hammered...

[ QUOTE ]
Who is 3rd Barrell?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-10-2007, 04:43 AM

That's kwaaazy! Thx!
Old 10-10-2007, 04:47 AM

its prolly schulman since cassidy is also on playing horse
Old 10-10-2007, 05:03 AM

I didn't realize he enjoyed minbet. I thought NL was his bread and butter. Did he used to play nosebleed NL on FT? I can't remember seeing him.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:45 AM

Nick Schulman is def 3rd Barrell and Barry G raves about hin, apparently great at all games.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hard to be sure if Hoss is on tilt

[/ QUOTE ]

After calling the river with J high I'm going to go with yes, he is on tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

in higher stakes limit, j high calls are not that uncommon.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:40 AM

The jack high call looks pretty standard given the way the match was going. He beats almost all straight draws and he showed mega weakness with the CR check/call line so he's definitely obligated to show down light some times when he takes that line.

I think Patrik overplayed his Ace when Hoss had quad queens unless Hoss was really that tilted, there is no reason to get 8 bb in on the turn and river there when you chop or lose after the river raise. I guess he slowplayed it a bit so his hand looks hidden but there's just no way Hoss can stick in more bets on the river with a single Q.

Patrik plays a really interesting HU limit style, he seems to slowplay often, check/calling flop and CRing the turn with a wide range, he almost never folded on the flop in position when he got CRed, but also rarely 3 bet, preferring to wait for the turn with just about his full range and then folding, calling, or raising there.

I noticed both players employed the CR flop, check/call turn line, probably both trying to adjust to the fact that they like to just call and raise the turn (i know this is fairly obvious), but its interesting to see a match with so few flop 3 bets but so many turn raises.

Someone wiser than me will have to expand on that or anything else, but I enjoyed watching some of this match. Hoss is really impressive because his aggression never wanes even when getting killed, when usually in a HU match the guy losing slips worse and worse into weak tightness.

-DeathDonkey
Old 10-10-2007, 06:51 AM

DD,

thank you very much. nice to have a good high stakes player share thoughts on such a match.

from all the times i've watched Hoss play, I have to agree with you that the most impressive thing about his game seems to be that even if he's tilting/winning/losing, it's sometimes hard to tell because of the whole aggression thing.

i think schneids said that he plays momentum better than just about anybody else in the world, but i think to expand on that fact, even when he's getting killed he doesn't let his opponent take his own momentum away.

again, i've never in my life played near this high of stakes, but i think this can be a very admirable quality in great players at any level, especially since it's sooooo hard to ascertain.

to be able to use your momentum that well when you are winning, but not give it up when you are getting crushed seems like something everyone should strive for, however hard it is. is that something more often found in math based players?
Old 10-10-2007, 07:26 AM

This dude got onwed hard. Ouch!
Old 10-10-2007, 07:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Limit's easy. The more bets that go into the pot, the less often your bluff has to work to show a profit. Of course your opponent knows that too, so you each take turns clicking raise until the software won't let you anymore. Then you go to the next street and repeat. Folding and calling are just for high level metagame stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]
best explanation of poo fling poker ever