Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-23-2007, 01:02 AM

Default possible craigs list scam? makes no sense to me.

i'm renting out a room in the apartment i live in ( it's a 4 bedroom that i originally got with 3 friends but now i rent out the other 3 rooms since they all moved out over time ) in NYC. today i was showing the apartment to a bunch of people from craigs list... one guy came in "on behalf of his girlfriend" who is moving here from poland. he seemed like a pretty regular guy and seemed interested. he took 2 photos and told me that she would be emailing me about it.

she did and asked for the craigs list link again so she could review the description of the room. i sent her the link again and she said:

Hi Sir Eats A Lot

I would really like the room!! officially.... How do
we do w the rent?

Im in sweden so i can diposet the money to your bank
if you give me all numbers....

Sophia

i told her that i "had a bad experience with giving my bank account info out over the internet" ( which isn't true but i didn't want to sound like a jerk if she is legit ) and that i would prefer she deposit the money into her boyfriend's bank account and that he could give me the cash or a check.

i don't really see what she could do to me with my bank info but i'm curious if anyone thinks this is a scam. i guess i'll find out based on whether she emails me back or not.