Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 03:39 AM

Default 2NLHE: Do Turn Aggressions Apply In This Case?

Reads: Villain seems like a very solid player. He never raises unless he has something in multiway pot and if it's HU, he never raises or calls unless he hit a top range. He knows the concept of c-betting but also tends to love doing min-raises preflop. Hero has lost 2 all-in big pots against him (due to really bad decisions) and Villain now probably thinks Hero is a donk.

Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

UTG: $3.49
MP: $5.05
Villain (CO): $19.01
Hero (BTN): $1.91
SB: $4.83
BB: $0.90

Pre-Flop: A A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
2 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $0.06</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.18</font>, 2 folds, CO calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.39) J 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
CO checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.30</font>, CO calls $0.30

Turn: ($0.99) Q (2 Players)
CO checks, <font color="red">Hero...?</font>
<font color="blue">Like I said, this villain is a tough player. He always seems to hit sets or draws whenever he calls a bet. I c-bet on the flop (standard play) and he insta-calls. Didn't know if I should fire another bullet on the turn or just check and fold if he showed aggression (considering he called my re-raise preflop... I put his hand-range to about JJ+).
Old 10-31-2007, 03:51 AM

Default Re: 2NLHE: Do Turn Aggressions Apply In This Case?

If your image has been tarnished by recent loses of big pots/poor decision making/ or whatever, this is a perfect spot to get paid off. If you have a bad image + villain is a thinkning opponent he's definately going to start calling you down lighter, his range is probably wider here than you think.

I say definately fire the turn and look to get it all in here. If you fire the turn and villain puts you all in, then you throw up a bit, but you have the top 1 pair hand and combined with your bad image + a player that is aware of this i think you get it in...As far as his range is concerned..we're guessing that he's opened up a bit AJ, TT, KK you still beat.

Keen to hear other thoughts on this...
Old 10-31-2007, 04:17 AM

A solid player is not someone who only calls and raises when he has the near nuts. That is someone who is a weaktight nit.

Please don't say things like: "he always seems to hit sets" and blablabla. Assign him a calling range of 3bets preflop and see what hands you beat that he would play this way postflop. If you are ahead of that range: bet, if not check. Some stats would help.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:19 AM

*Grunch*

Bet the turn, about 2/3 pot. Sure he could be slowplaying a set or 2pair but I think you are way underestimating his range. AK, AQs, TT. Your preflop raise was smallish so he is might call with some speculative hands like TT, 99, AQs, AJs. I think there are enough hands that call to make a bet here profitable.

Checking to induce a bet on the river is not horrible since there aren't a lot of good draws he could hold.