Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Travel
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 12:44 AM

Default Re: Detroit - is it really worse than Kosovo?

I live in Brighton, which is about a thirty minute drive from Livonia, when the traffic is moving that is. I can tell you it is a beautiful lakeside community with lots of rolling hills and open green spaces. Excellent schools. Great place to raise your kids. Plus you have all the amenities of straight up suburbia. I'm ten minutes from two Meiers, a Wall-Mart, two Home Depots, all the fast food, etc.,etc.

It's a buyer's market like never before right now in Michigan but, that being said, to get anything decent on the water you'll be looking to spend a minimum of $400,000. There are, of course, other options other than living right on the water. There's some really good deals out there right now if you look. People selling houses for less than they owe just to avoid foreclosure. That kind of thing.

If you prefer more of a city type suburban living, lots of concrete, houses right on top of each other, that sort of thing, there's nothing wrong with Livonia itself.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:25 PM

Default Re: Detroit - is it really worse than Kosovo?

if you dont mind a 40 min commute Ann Arbor is a beautiful city with tons to do. Rated one of Americas top cities to raise a family