Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 02:34 AM

Default KJ from SB w/ one limper ahead

I had just arrived at this table so I had no reads on anybody really. Looked kinda tight for a few hands for a table that had over 40% ppl seeing the flops before I sat down. How do you like my line in general? I checked the flop for 3 reasons: 1) that's what donks do when they flop trips and it gives me a chance to represent Q if BB checks and the 3rd guy bets out 2) to give me a chance for a cheap fold if there is a bet and a raise 3) maybe get a free card and hit a pair. Usually when I raise pf and there is a face card on the flop I lead out with a cbet and I pretty much always lead out with trips too.

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.25/$0.5
8 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) HERO is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
4 folds, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">HERO raises</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6SB, 3 players)
HERO checks, BB checks, CO checks.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">HERO bets</font>, BB calls, CO folds.

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">HERO bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises</font>, HERO calls.

Results:
Final pot: 9BB

Now let's get some of that sweet 2+2 action going I've been hearing so much about [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2007, 02:51 AM

Default Re: KJ from SB w/ one limper ahead

I don't like the raise from the sb. CO limps with a lot of hands and I prefer a donk from the SB when I have favourable flops. KJo is a trouble hand without position but is great for check/raises if you hit your pair or donks if the board misses without an ace or face as you still have outs with calls.

This one is donkable but I expect to take it now. If I get a call on the flop I have to check the turn without reads. If he bets out on the turn and its heads up I peel, if CO calls I have to fold. River I call.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the raise from the sb. CO limps with a lot of hands and I prefer a donk from the SB when I have favourable flops. KJo is a trouble hand without position but is great for check/raises if you hit your pair or donks if the board misses without an ace or face as you still have outs with calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you would have preferred for me to just call pf?
Old 10-11-2007, 03:43 AM

yes i think completing from the sb is correct against late limper when you are unaware of the range of the late limper.

It's tough to lead out with this hand as the late limpers have small pockets and similar broadway hands. Some limp with Axo.

A raise followed by a continuation bet doesn't protect the value of the hand and often leads you into trapping yourself.

If I hit top pair I donk it but if I hit second pair or get a decent draw I have a lot more options on how I want to play it, without signalling the strength of my hand.

I can also bluff on a crap flop against tight players who only play good cards because they will be afraid of the blind hitting the junk and only being on a draw.

A continuation bet doesn't give me that option.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:50 AM

What kind of hands do I want to raise with in that spot pre flop?
Old 10-11-2007, 05:09 AM

pocket pairs, 77+, A9+, KQs is my range to raise with in SB with limped pot. Pretty well complete with a range of hands depending on the number of people in the pot adding to any two if there are 3 limpers, 4 if I include the BB.

It also depends on the limit you are playing at. 3/6 for example the small blind is 1 dollar so I tighten it a bit.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:49 AM

Bet the flop because that is a good board for you, considering that you missed. I would always bet trips there, so I bet when I miss as well. As played I guess I call because weaker K play this way and it's hilarious if he has trip Q.