Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 06:07 PM

Default Re: The Ultimate Fighter / UFC thread

mockturtle,

I don't particularly like Hughes, but the "Bible study" isn't that big a deal. Those guys have zero to do outside of training (and that's a literal zero - no internet, no books, no TV, no phones, nothing), and the producers of the show allowed him to bring them Bibles to read. According to him (he may be lying), they wouldn't allow any other book.

Even as an atheist/agnostic, I'd appreciate being able to have SOMETHING to read.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:43 PM

It's funny how they don't allow anything to come into the house except... when it comes to alcohol. Alcohol seems to just magically appear out of nowhere and guys get totally plastered out of their minds. If they don't have anything else to do, no wonder every season the guys find a way to trash the place and get into illegal backyard fights.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, he gets more money in sponsorships. Yes there are bonuses given out but he didn't receive any of it that night (all of the bonuses were disclosed in the article). True his earning potential has increased.... but not that much. If I was Jardine, I would feel ripped off. Even if you factor in that people are paying PPV fees to see Liddell, at LEAST get a $50k loss/$100K contract negotiated vs. Liddell's 500K/1M sweetheart deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

What article? The UFC doesn't usually disclose any of its bonuses outside of the Fight/KO/Sub of the Night. Maybe I didn't make it clear that Dana and the UFC hand out bonuses ON TOP of the Fight/KO/Sub of the Night. I don't really feel that bad for Jardine. The only reason people care is because he was thrown in the main event with Liddell and won. He had no business being on top of the card anyway.

[ QUOTE ]
About Houston, I really hope they put him in vs Machida asap. If he proves he can beat a ground fighter, give the guy his title shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Machida isn't a ground fighter. He's a counterstriker/karate guy. An Alexander/Ortiz fight would be interesting, but I think Ortiz should fight a bigger name like Hendo to really drive the value of that card up.

re: Hamill surgery

If he hasn't had the surgery, three weeks wouldn't give him enough time to rehab and fight at 78. If he has had it, it would be close, but pushing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, wasnt remembering dates right. Hamill wanted to rehab and fight Bisbing on the New Years card.

I too would like to see the Henderson/Ortiz fight but I think they might be in Vera territory with Tito and dont want to give him a big name fight that could boost his status if they dont think he is going to resign.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:46 PM

I hadn't even thought of the contract situation with Tito.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:27 AM

wowowow I just saw TUF e03. Joey is a huge pussy, and that fight was so lame. Worst guillotine ever.

Can we get some men on the show please
Old 10-05-2007, 12:39 AM

re: Hughes
I've dealt to him a few times in Vegas and he has always seemed like a cool guy. Very friendly talking with everyone.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:00 PM

Rumors are picking up that Fedor is going to end up signing with Russian org. M-1. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2007, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rumors are picking up that Fedor is going to end up signing with Russian org. M-1. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Source? Not that I don't believe you, just curious.

I wouldn't lose hope yet. Fedor's camp may be leaking those rumors to gain leverage with the UFC.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:18 PM

wow why? Russian mafia kidnapp his children and forced him to sign? If the rumour is true, huge blow to the UFC HW division.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:30 PM

UFC 78 card is out

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_78
Closed Thread