FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 08:12 PM

Default Re: The Ultimate Fighter / UFC thread

[ QUOTE ]
UFC 78 card is out

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_78

[/ QUOTE ]

Strange card, no marquee main event calibre fight (Bisping vs Evans certainly isnt) but every single matchup looks good. Hopefully we will see quite a few knockouts so they can get as many fights as possible in the PPV especially since there are 3 PRIDE fighters making their UFC debuts.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Rumors are picking up that Fedor is going to end up signing with Russian org. M-1. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Source? Not that I don't believe you, just curious.

I wouldn't lose hope yet. Fedor's camp may be leaking those rumors to gain leverage with the UFC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Frank Trigg announced it on Taggradio, but Trigg has been blowing his wad about a ton of stuff lately. He's gotten some right and some wrong.

It's been floating around on some message boards, though, and Sherdog.com's editor Josh Gross gave the rumor a lot of credibility on one of the Sherdog radio shows today. Basically saying it's looking like that's what's going to happen.

I am praying that it isn't true, but if it does I understand that Fedor has to do what he feels is best for him and his family.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:41 PM

UFC 78 looks really good actually, some nice fights. Really happy to see Houston fighting once again. I always enjoy watching Parisyan and Fisher. Herman is fun and Joe Lauzon is getting a deserved card.

This card is a lot more interesting than the next UFC...
Old 10-05-2007, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
UFC 78 card is out

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_78

[/ QUOTE ]

Strange card, no marquee main event calibre fight (Bisping vs Evans certainly isnt) but every single matchup looks good. Hopefully we will see quite a few knockouts so they can get as many fights as possible in the PPV especially since there are 3 PRIDE fighters making their UFC debuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

This reminds me a lot of the UFC 72 card. The ME is a blah, but intriguing fight, and the rest of the card looks OK, but unspectacular. It looks like [censored] compared to the bigger cards that have happened the past 4 or 5 months.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
UFC 78 looks really good actually, some nice fights. Really happy to see Houston fighting once again. I always enjoy watching Parisyan and Fisher. Herman is fun and Joe Lauzon is getting a deserved card.

This card is a lot more interesting than the next UFC...

[/ QUOTE ]

Anderson Silva and Brandon Vera alone make UFC 77 more interesting that 78.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:38 PM

Don't hate on Serra, the guy is one of the nicest guys out there. He always tries to help anyone reach their full potential.

Hughes on the other hand is a [censored]. He is arrogant and thick headed. He kicks his team when their down and vulnerable. Where Serra tries to instill confidence in his team. I don't know anyone that likes him as a person. As a fighter he is one of the best, but as a person hes nothing.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i cant believe all you dudes are hating on serra. he may have a thick accent and [censored], but he's a totally nice guy. remember the comeback season where he went out of his way to coach and help his teamates train? they were his opponents, you realize?

and as far as the person who says he "knows people who know both" and "hughes is very respected", i find that interesting because i've never heard anyone ever say a nice thing about matt hughes' person, and he's never come off as anything but a douchebag in the media. examples

1) bible study. if he pulled that [censored] on me i would have walked out. but then again, somedays i can barely motivate myself to turn on the computer and make 3x what these guys make for getting punched in the face.

2) in an interview before fighting george st. pierre he stated all canadians were cowards for not backing the US in the current "war"

3) he mocked george stpierre for not wanting to look at him/talk to him before their fight on an ultimate fighter season

4) he has a twin so if he is struck by lightning and dies we still have to put up with a carbon copy

[/ QUOTE ]

Hughes gained a lot of respect in my eyes after that episode. I used to think he was somewhat of a putz, but that episode changed my mind. Maybe it was just clever editing. If so, they did a good job.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:40 AM

how did it change your mind exactly?
Old 10-10-2007, 09:45 PM

Dave Meltzer reporting that Chuck Liddell/Wanderlei Silva has been verbally agreed to. Hopefully this [censored] gets finalized for real this time.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:57 PM

Also looking like Fedor is going to M-1. Though it also sounds like M-1 was bought or is being funded by an American company (Cuban maybe??)
Closed Thread