Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2007, 10:47 AM

Default Re: Bellagio 10/20 Hand Against TV Dude (No, not wrong forum)

I can't imagine folding this hand. I'd bet/call on the flop. If the money doesn't get all in on the flop, I may go for a CRAI on the turn.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1) Will you consider folding your aces at any point in this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes...

[ QUOTE ]
2) If you answered "yes" to the first question, explain why, or explain what events would have to happen in order for you to fold (either give a specific line you would take, or a tell you would look for, etc).

[/ QUOTE ]

...if villain accidentally (or purposefully, I suppose) flipped over a ten or pocket sixes before all the money was in.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:54 AM

I'd open-fold.

In actuality, no, not folding. I hate the preflop move and I hope he can see past you having just AA in this spot. If you think he thinks you might just have AA, then I'd consider folding...but gah...I hate that move preflop unless you've done it before and gotten him to fold on the flop when you had nothing. Otherwise, gross.

I donk out here on the flop because it's already a messed up line. Let's look like we're full of it and donk with the best hand. It may just induce a bluff raise.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:00 AM

I probably don't get away from it, however the villain could have just about anything.
The only thing i would keep in the back of my mind is the guy probably has a pretty good idea of what you have when you limp reraise from UTG. So say your range is JJ-AA and AK.

I would lead about half or 3/4 the pot hoping the guy will shove all-in on the flop. If he calls re-evaluate and assume he has some sort of pair.

Honestly, i think limp shoving preflop is a better play for the situation than limp reraising. The limp reriase to me completely telegraphs your hand.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:02 AM

Ppl who hate preflop never played full ring. It's completely standard to do at least some of the time and more +EV than always open raising (provided you balance it okish).
Old 06-25-2007, 11:27 AM

The fact that he thinks you are solid is pretty key here, and if you haven't lrr in the past, your range should be pretty narrow on this board.

That being said, I'm still probably not folding, but it's not as easy as omg 120bb's all in.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ppl who hate preflop never played full ring. It's completely standard to do at least some of the time and more +EV than always open raising (provided you balance it okish).

[/ QUOTE ]

The biggest question is how will villain interpret it. If it's 'standard' for the table and doesn't announce hero's hand any more than an UTG raise would then fine.

Another good pre-flop question is what range would [edit] villain [/edit] min-raise like this.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The biggest question is how will villain interpret it. If it's 'standard' for the table and doesn't announce hero's hand any more than an UTG raise would then fine.

Another good pre-flop question is what range would min-raise like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a really good point/way of putting it.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:50 AM

**grunch**

Man, I really hate preflop because if we've been playing nitty it just screams aces.

1) Will you consider folding your aces at any point in this hand?

Yes. If I had played more non-obviously preflop then I would never fold aces against this guy, but after that preflop line he has to know he we likely have a big pair, so if he wants to stack off we're probably beat.

edit : if hero has ever limp-reraised before against villain then I stack off here, but if this is the first time, then I play cautious. I'm also assuming villain has slowed down and is no longer a maniac, which would make the hand pointless to discuss.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:08 PM

PF is whatever. I've seen it so many times live and it definitely isnt always AA. People do all sorts of weird [censored] (I saw a guy do it with K9o in my last live game). I think that its an okay move to do when isolating.

Anyhoo, I'm not folding anytime postflop. Villan's range is incredibly wide, he's super aggro, we already put in 10% of our stack PF, I'm playing for stacks here.

I would typically bet the flop, but if you have a semi weak image, I might check/call. There arent a whole lot of scare cards and villan will be drawing to 2 outs at best most times.