Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2007, 03:25 PM

Default Re: Bluetooth

coffee, when you call them out the common claim seems to be that they forgot it was there. i doubt you would forget yours if you were wearing it, though...
Old 01-31-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
coffee, when you call them out the common claim seems to be that they forgot it was there. i doubt you would forget yours if you were wearing it, though...

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend not to forget large objects hanging off my ears. Maybe that's why I never got my ears pierced. That, or I didn't want to get my ass kicked by my dad...one of those.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:15 PM

I also use my cars bluetooth capabilities (no headset, sound comes directly from car speakers) and I think it is awesome, I use it lots.

No one here has a bluetooth keyboard/mouse? I connected a pc to my tv in the family room and now have access from the couch. BT's increased range makes this possible where IR would die out after 6ft.
Old 02-02-2007, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

My friend has his RAZR bluetoothed into his brand new 3-series BMW and whenever his phone rings while he's in the car, the car itself rings and displays the callerID info on the console monitor. You can then hit the button and take the call using the car's speakerphone. I thought that was pretty awesome, given that you don't have to do anything at all after the initial setup (i.e. no plugging the phone into the car when you get in, etc.).

[/ QUOTE ]

In addition, when making calls, you can select from the names that are already in your phone directory by using the buttons on your steering wheel. You just scroll through the list of names that shows up on the monitor and press a button to dial. Much safer and more convenient than using the phone itself. You can also dial a number by pressing a button to activate voice commands and say, "dial 410 xxx xxxx".

Also, if you have the navigation system, when you select a hotel, restaurant, etc., from the travel information, you can call them with a press of a button to get rates and make reservations. It works really well, especially considering that BMW's interface to their electronics is usually pretty poor. I imagine other luxury makes have equivalent or better set-ups.