Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 05:57 PM

Default Medicine Ball Routine

Hello,

I've been at my new gym (LA FITNESS) for a month now. I've incorporated the jump rope into my routine and I love it.

Now I want to use the medicine ball to strengthen my core and build the ability to take punches to my stomach/chest.

Any suggestions, tips, things to look out for on using the medicine ball? What are some good exercises to get started?

Thanks!
Old 11-02-2007, 08:09 PM

Default Re: Medicine Ball Routine

I like the one where you pick it up over your head then throw it down as hard as you can, pick it up and repeat.

Also using a push press type motion throwing it up as high as you can then catching it and giving into like a squat postion then exploding back up again.
(does that make sense)- sorta like a squat press with throwing the ball at the end.

There is alot of ab stuff- twist, jackknifes, sit ups.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the one where you pick it up over your head then throw it down as hard as you can, pick it up and repeat.

Also using a push press type motion throwing it up as high as you can then catching it and giving into like a squat postion then exploding back up again.
(does that make sense)- sorta like a squat press with throwing the ball at the end.

There is alot of ab stuff- twist, jackknifes, sit ups.

[/ QUOTE ]

medicine ball slams and wall balls(the 2nd exercise you re describing) are great. med ball squat cleans are pretty good too. i came up with a good conditioning finisher: wall ball and medinice ball slam supersets 21-18-15-12-9-6-3 of each exercise, resting only when necessary(if at all)
Old 11-04-2007, 05:15 AM

Hip toss/overspeed drill. Stand in an athletic position with the medball in your hands. Turn and chest pass it as far as possible to your side, sprint after it, pick it up, repeat to the other side. Do this until you vomit.

Lunges with a medball twist.

Overhand medball slams are great - I do them all the time as a part of my pitching workouts.

Crunches with a medball over your head are good too.