Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would you rather
Have a thumb sticking out of your chin? 8 47.06%
Live in a world where Toby Keith music was the only music available? 9 52.94%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-27-2007, 02:33 AM

Default Re: Fire Jack Effel Now!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Someone ban this worthless douchebag plz.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, it's okay for you to speak your mind, but not me???? The last time I checked, we live in a free country, and I have freedom of speech, same as you!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

good thing this is a private website then. Sorry, meant to write then!!!!
Old 06-27-2007, 03:28 AM

princessENE:

Care to tell the members of 2+2 who you are? Some of us already know - its a little obvious, you already gave us too many hints.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jimmy Sommerfeld (not Sommerfield) is very much involved in this years WSOP as the Assistant Tournament Director!

Jack McClelland’s tournaments are only getting about 100 players per day!

[/ QUOTE ]

The correct comparison is how many more would the WSOP get if Jack was directing it. As far as Jimmy I would like to see him get some more big tournaments. When Jimmy gets one he won't look as good as a lot of other peopl do because he won't have himself working for him (I am thinking of when he took over the WPO from Jack, Jimmy was faced with the problem of replacing himself on the staff).

[/ QUOTE ]

If you really knew who I was, then you would know that I do understand the poker industry! Not only do I play, but I also work in this industry, and understand it very well!
Old 06-27-2007, 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jimmy Sommerfeld (not Sommerfield) is very much involved in this years WSOP as the Assistant Tournament Director!

[/ QUOTE ]

The correct comparison is how many more would the WSOP get if Jack was directing it. As far as Jimmy I would like to see him get some more big tournaments. When Jimmy gets one he won't look as good as a lot of other peopl do because he won't have himself working for him (I am thinking of when he took over the WPO from Jack, Jimmy was faced with the problem of replacing himself on the staff).

[/ QUOTE ]

If you really knew who I was, then you would know that I do understand the poker industry! Not only do I play, but I also work in this industry, and understand it very well!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL you work in the industry. You work in a side industry that poker owes a great debt to, but at the end of the day there is a reason Harrah's has such a bad reputation among poker players. Perhaps you can explain to us how harrah's is able to employ someone to be in charge of registration and yet not be prepared for a crowd that was no larger than expected.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

http://www.pokerplayernewspaper.com/...le.php?id=1363

HAHAHHAHA, I had no idea who Jack Effel was until I Googled him and found this article and pic.

I remember him from the WSOP Circuit in Tahoe.

I went there with Boris, GoG, and another couple of friends. We all signed up at the window one after another and got seating cards - all next to each other at the same table!

We told tourney staff including him about it and they were all confused about the problem and didn't know what to do. Finally, they ended up trading two out of five of us with another table so two and three of us were seated next to each other at two different tables to start the tourney.

HAHAHHAHAHAHA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if you signed up in Tahoe, I was there too, and I can assure you that Jack knew what to do about your seating problem, maybe the registration clerks were confused, because they were only cage cashiers, but in a situation like that, the computer system will not let you choose a particular seat, but Jack can, and will, if possible, assign your seat manually. If the tournament is already sold out, there isn't much we can do about it, except find another player that will switch with you!
Old 06-27-2007, 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL you work in the industry. You work in a side industry that poker owes a great debt to, but at the end of the day there is a reason Harrah's has such a bad reputation among poker players. Perhaps you can explain to us how harrah's is able to employ someone to be in charge of registration and yet not be prepared for a crowd that was no larger than expected.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what you are talking about buddy, but I have worked right out there on the floor with everyone else, and understand very well how things are supposed to be ran!

Another thing, if Harrah's is such a terrible company, and poker players hate them, why do they still keep coming back for more? Why not boycott?????
Old 06-27-2007, 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL you work in the industry. You work in a side industry that poker owes a great debt to

[/ QUOTE ]

Now RR... don't be mean. We both know she is not a bookie, a prostitute or a drug dealer.

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-27-2007, 03:49 AM

someone just spill the beans since she wont. curious minds want to know.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Another thing, if Harrah's is such a terrible company, and poker players hate them, why do they still keep coming back for more? Why not boycott?????

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, boycotting some of the most +ev tournaments is not an easy thing to do. Its tough to organize something like this because in the end we're all looking out for ourselves. Give players the option to choose between Harrahs, and identical tournaments hosted at the Wynn, Bellagio, or Venetian and I guarantee Harrahs would have the fewest players.

You would be hard pressed to find a person who would say Harrah's has done a good job running these tournaments. It would be impossible to find someone who played multiple events to say such without their voice dripping with sarcasm.

C
Old 06-27-2007, 04:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1) We love to gamble. We love action. WSOP gives action. Harrah's has nothing to do with the action that the WSOP gives.

2) Most of us know that the odds are against Harrah's owning the WSOP this time next year, so there is no use boycotting.

3) Are you encouraging a boycot? Quick, someone call the press - this should be interesting.