Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would you rather
Have a thumb sticking out of your chin? 8 47.06%
Live in a world where Toby Keith music was the only music available? 9 52.94%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-27-2007, 03:59 PM

Default Re: Fire Jack Effel Now!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Two of these women have slept with Jack Effel. One of them posts on 2+2 and Full Contact Poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I bet Jack would love to see this post!!! Ever here of "Deformation of Character"???? lol......
Old 06-27-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Just as I thought, you are not willing to tell Jack to his face what you guys have really been saying about him!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I havent said a thing about him. "You guys" is actually you projecting. Have a talk with your psychiatrist about that.

[ QUOTE ]
Another thing, care to confront me to my face?????

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be afraid to say anything to you, this thread has shown you make bad decisions under pressure - I don't need to take the risk.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol....under pressure????? I don't feel any pressure! I'm just using my rights as a citizen of the USA to voice my opinions, like you are doing!!!!
Anyone on here that really knows me, knows that I am the nicest person you could ever meet, and I take care of all the poker players! For you to say that you feel threatened by me, shows that you don't really know who I am, and you don't play that many events.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:18 PM

its defamation, not deformation.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Two of these women have slept with Jack Effel. One of them posts on 2+2 and Full Contact Poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I bet Jack would love to see this post!!! Ever here of "Deformation of Character"???? lol......

[/ QUOTE ]

quoted so you cant edit because its kinda funny given your horrendous attitude throughout this thread
Old 06-27-2007, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol....under pressure????? I don't feel any pressure! I'm just using my rights as a citizen of the USA to voice my opinions, like you are doing!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I advise you consult with Harrah's corporate lawyers to see how far freedom of speech will get you. Your speaking about your employer's business in a forum that attracts over 1 million visitors each month, think about the damage your doing, its far worse than the protection you think your giving Jack. People are routinely fired from corporations for expressing their freedom of speech rights improperly by discussing their employers business in a way that is derogatory to their corporate message, you have dug such a deep ditch for yourself in this thread and you don't even know it - which is utterly sad. Harrah's hires PR people to speak on their behalf and to create spin, do you REALLY think they want you to be speaking for the company?
Old 06-27-2007, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I advise you consult with Harrah's corporate lawyers to see how far freedom of speech will get you. Your speaking about your employer's business in a forum that attracts over 1 million visitors each month, think about the damage your doing, its far worse than the protection you think your giving Jack. People are routinely fired from corporations for expressing their freedom of speech rights improperly by discussing their employers business in a way that is derogatory to their corporate message, you have dug such a deep ditch for yourself in this thread and you don't even know it - which is utterly sad. Harrah's hires PR people to speak on their behalf and to create spin, do you REALLY think they want you to be speaking for the company?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong again! I don't work for Harrah's, so therefore I can speak my mind all day long, and I have said nothing out of line on this forum! Some of the people on here, have said far worse than me, so again, I can go rounds all day and night! I don't claim to be a PR person or Harrah's, I was merely taking up for some poor guy that has done nothing wrong!
Old 06-27-2007, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was Sommerfeld???
Old 06-27-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I mis-typed when spelling Defamation, not like any of you haven't done it before!

And.......Jimmy's last name is Sommerfeld not Sommerfield, care to take that bet????????
Old 06-27-2007, 04:31 PM

Hoooooo boy, this is getting interesting.

I have to wonder why you have retaliated in this manner. What do you think you're accomplishing by making these inflammatory comments? All you're doing is stirring up more trouble.

We, as members of the poker community, are voicing our frustration with the way Harrah's is running the events. This is the third year Harrah's has had the WSOP under their control and they still haven't been able to get it right. This means that Harrah's is unable to learn from past mistakes or that they just don't care. Either way, it's pretty bad business to not change things that need changing.

Although Jack is not entirely to blame, a significant portion of it rests on his shoulders. Jack is not effectively fulfilling his duties as the WSOP tournament director. I know it's a tough job. That's why I'm not doing it. But when you're given a job, it is assumed that you will perform all of the duties that come with the job at an exceptional level. Jack has not done that and not to see the problems or just to ignore them is blind ignorance.

Many of us are there witnessing the injustices that Harrah's distributes to its customers. Players such as Dan Druff have directly aired their grievances towards Jack about his poor decision making regarding playing in 100+ degree weather. We're speaking up, but our complaints are mostly falling on deaf ears. When somebody does listen, the reaction is delayed and action is not taken to fix the problem that has come before them. That is why some of us decide to vent here instead.

You refuse to open your eyes and see what we see. Anytime we bring up a problem here, you saying we're acting like a "room full of two year olds" or something like that. It's as if you're trying to shut us up and suppress our complaints. Our complaints and grievances are the first steps to improving the WSOP for the future. If we didn't complain about anything to anybody, then nothing would ever change and we'd still be facing the same problems. By trying to keep us quiet, you're doing the WSOP and the tournament circuit a disservice. In all actuality, this actually makes Jack's job harder. Without any complaints, he thinks he's doing his job correctly when he isn't.

I am not surprised that you blindly continue to defend Jack, but being a supposed member of the gaming community yourself, you should be able to empathize with us regarding our current treatment as the consumer base for Harrah's Entertainment and the WSOP. If you refuse to do so, then you're just as bad as every suit working for Harrah's.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I mis-typed when spelling Defamation, not like any of you haven't done it before!

And.......Jimmy's last name is Sommerfeld not Sommerfield, care to take that bet????????

[/ QUOTE ]

He was making a joke (as was I) because you went out of your way to correct a small spelling mistake of someone's name. Then you made a similar mistake, so I corrected that to show you how nitty you are being. Plus you didnt make a spelling mistake, you just didnt know the word and probably said "deformation of character" in real life conversations where people were too embarrassed to correct you.