Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2007, 01:51 AM

Default Survivor Season 2: Pog Island (May 14th, sign-up thread)

Welcome to Survivor Season 2: Pog Island. One year after the First Season, where MEbenhoe took home the victory, we once again return to see who can outwit, outplay, and outlast their POG peers.

This will be a game of strategy, intelligence, luck, and treacherous politics. However, given the nature of the game and its challenges, players will be required to have the following:

<ul type="square">[*]AOL Instant Messenger [*]A Yahoo! ID (for games)[*]Possibly other easily attainable accounts ala Yahoo (for games)[/list]
Both of these are simple to obtain, so if you wish to play but need help with installation and whatnot, just sign up and I'll help you get set-up via PM.

TRIBES

The first 12 players to sign-up will be accepted. Players must have played in some POG games before (if I don't recognize you, I'll check out your post history to see if you've played in some turbos or non-WW games that I may have missed).

When 3 weeks remain before the start date (assuming all spots are filled), I will randomize the names to break you into two 6-player tribes. We will then go about the process of choosing tribe names for you in this thread.

[color=red]This game will not start until May 14th, and may take as long as a month to complete.</font> I will be taking alternates, also on a first-come first-serve basis. If someone drops out before the game begins, they will replace whoever dropped out.

THE GAME

On May 12th (the Saturday before the game begins), I will create the game thread. The game thread is where the the tribes will find out about Immunity Challenges and their results, as well as other "social" challenges that can help or hurt the tribe. It is also where Tribal Council results will be posted, along with anonymous confessionals and other "entertainment content."

Players may speak with their fellow tribe members in any fashion they choose (PM, IM, phone, in-thread). This is why AIM is a requirement for the game. It will be necessary in the formation of alliances, as well as in the completion of team-challenges.

Once we've narrowed the field to 7 players between the tribes, the tribes will MERGE and everyone will be on their own for survival. Immunity Challenges will become individual challenges. Once the field has been narrowed to the final 2, the last 5 players eliminated (3rd - 7th place) will return as a final Tribal Council to determine the winner (each of the players will make statements to the jury before the vote is held).

IMMUNITY CHALLENGES

Immunity Challenges will be announced between 9 AM - Noon Eastern each day. Each Immunity Challenge will have its own deadlines; tribes will be allowed sufficient time to nominate participants if necessary, and to complete the challenges. Generally assume that challenges will take place in the evenings, Eastern US time.

You may read the original Survivor thread for an idea of the Immunity Challenges. I will say that this season will introduce new challenges, new twists, and new rewards.

TRIBAL COUNCIL

The tribe that loses immunity will be forced to vote off a member. Voting will take place between 10 PM and 8 AM (players that may be AFK during those hours may PM me votes ahead of time). Players that don't vote will instead vote for themselves. Votes will be revealed anonymously at the end of the day, along with "confessionals" -- some players will be asked questions, and their answers will be revealed at the end of each day (some confessionals will be anonymous while others will be known).

Once the tribes merge, they will go to Tribal Council every night, but players will be unable to vote for whomever won immunity that day.

PRIZES

Respect. Honor. Competition. Perhaps even a name change.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:03 AM

Default Re: Survivor Season 2: Pog Island (May 14th, sign-up thread)

in this time.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:11 AM

So in.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:14 AM

in
Old 03-23-2007, 02:21 AM

in
Old 03-23-2007, 02:22 AM

In Please!
Old 03-23-2007, 02:25 AM

Ja
Old 03-23-2007, 02:33 AM

in
Old 03-23-2007, 02:34 AM

in
Old 03-23-2007, 03:35 AM

i will be in a different hemisphere [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]