Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software

Old 08-19-2007, 03:02 PM

Default StarsReads AHK

Dave,

I started a new thread for future developments of StarsReads since it is a totally different AHK than StarsNotes, the former thread. This is something you've developed as a totally different program.

To be redundant, the only problem I've found in testing is the 10max table layout. Seats 5 and 10 are the problem. All other layouts that I've tested seem to work fine.

Thanks again, it's almost done. Looking forward to Ver0.3
Old 08-19-2007, 03:41 PM

Default Re: StarsReads AHK

Here's the error capture, and the table capture...

By meandog at 2007-08-19
Old 08-19-2007, 08:33 PM

you might want to make a link to the overcards page too if you are making a thread about a piece of software
Old 08-19-2007, 10:10 PM

Your right. I was trying not to step on Dave's creation. He did put a link in the other thread which had become thread drift. He's still shaking out a few final flaws, but here's the link...

http://www.overcards.com/wiki/moin.cgi/StarsReads

Basically, it highlights the box around the player's name and allows you to change the color, as was seen in the previous message with the table capture. You can color code it much like FT, but it is much clearer. He mentioned some other options down the road, so patience will develop this into a handy tool which stands alone on it's own merits rather than being dependant on other software for information.

Footnote: It gets a little fussy with Vista and authorizations to run it. Once, as per Dave's suggestion, I put it under the "c:\users\public" directory, that released all the demands for authorization.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:26 PM

I've been looking for something like this, and it seems very good, couple of things though, I cant change the color back to white with the default ini file (probably have to just edit it?) and also I dont like how the colored area blocks some of the hole cards.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been looking for something like this, and it seems very good, couple of things though, I cant change the color back to white with the default ini file (probably have to just edit it?) and also I dont like how the colored area blocks some of the hole cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I added colors to the "default_colours.txt" file. And, I even changed the names from "blue" to "shark" to identify specifically what I wanted.

Here's a link to a site that will give you the hex numbers for adding any color you want.

http://www.coolebaytools.com/html_hex_colors.html

I would suggest you add white, "FFFFFF" is the hex number, into the default_colours.txt file. You can change names, colors, anything you want. I know it's easy to do, because I could do it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I'm sure Dave will be fixing the 10max table problem soon, and this will be an awesome, but simple way to i.d. players without the use of an HUD or PT.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I added colors to the "default_colours.txt" file. And, I even changed the names from "blue" to "shark" to identify specifically what I wanted.

Here's a link to a site that will give you the hex numbers for adding any color you want.

http://www.coolebaytools.com/html_hex_colors.html

I would suggest you add white, "FFFFFF" is the hex number, into the default_colours.txt file. You can change names, colors, anything you want. I know it's easy to do, because I could do it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I'm sure Dave will be fixing the 10max table problem soon, and this will be an awesome, but simple way to i.d. players without the use of an HUD or PT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I kind of thought so, that I could just edit the ini file. I tried the script in a 6-max table (not 10 handed) and the colored area blocks some of the holecards, just a small thing that irritates me...
Old 08-22-2007, 07:38 AM

I rarely play 6max, so i didn't notice the cards being covered any, was more concerned with the boxes working. I tried 8 and 9max, they work great.

It's just the 10max, I think it was seat 4 and 9, as was in the screen capture. Naturally, I only play 10max, so I can't use the damn thing till that get's fixed, and THAT I don't know how to do. Dave's one of the resident experts and will have to tweak the x/y coordinates I am sure.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's the error capture, and the table capture...

By meandog at 2007-08-19

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone have an idea as to how to fix this error?
Old 08-24-2007, 10:12 PM

OK, new version is up that should work on 10-max games.

StarsReads v0.3

[ QUOTE ]

also I dont like how the colored area blocks some of the hole cards

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll add support for controlling this in the next version - you can make it only draw certain edges of the player box easy enough if you can edit the code [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

dave.