Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 07:28 AM

Default Re: halp guys...terrible all nite sesh 700bb pot ai pre a8>AK

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
do not go allin with AQ preflop, never.
Other than that, Variance imo. Keep it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Grimmstar disagrees with this afaik

[/ QUOTE ]
That's why Grimmstar is grimming NL200 nowadays
Old 11-13-2007, 07:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
links dont work for me, cliff notes?

[/ QUOTE ]
you need a better pc
Old 11-13-2007, 07:34 AM

Play him more = bankroll goes back over $20k
Old 11-13-2007, 07:57 AM

Wait, that 3rd hand, you did not put him on an ace or somthing?
Old 11-13-2007, 08:18 AM

Neither you nor your opponent played those hands well at all. My suggestion is to go to school, then get some rest. Relax. Don't play any poker until the weekend whatsoever.

Then, when your head is on straight, go back and look what you did during these hands. If you don't see really poor play on your part, then I'd start seeking some second opinions on the quality of your play. Posting hands, things like that.

this doesn't really reflect solid winning play with the info you gave. Yes, you got it in good a couple times, but that's more a reflection of how bad your opponent was. This is really spew.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Neither you nor your opponent played those hands well at all. My suggestion is to go to school, then get some rest. Relax. Don't play any poker until the weekend whatsoever.

Then, when your head is on straight, go back and look what you did during these hands. If you don't see really poor play on your part, then I'd start seeking some second opinions on the quality of your play. Posting hands, things like that.

this doesn't really reflect solid winning play with the info you gave. Yes, you got it in good a couple times, but that's more a reflection of how bad your opponent was. This is really spew.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do believe he was playing the player. Which is why he was forced into all in situations. The other guy seemed he had no limiter, he just kept capping it. Last hand he was tilted I'd say and at that point he did not play well.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
gonso, thanks for the iput but id like some clarification.

as for the AQ hand. He was 4bet bluffing me on EVERY hand. should i be calling his 4bet? just calling a raise preflop with AQs and then c/f most flops since he never folds anything on the flop and gets it in with one overcard and a gutter all the time?

he had been repeatedly getting it all in with ANY pair. in this situation i don't really see a problem or alternative to my AQ play.

the AK hand seems almost standard. i have to RR pre, i cant call a 4bet, my hand is a monster compared to the garbage he shows up with.

the QJ hand i was tilted and this is really the only one i strugge to justify. you have to understand that this guy just bet bet bet. he never stopped. he ALWAYS 2barreled and whenever i called he would bet again. he was retarded. he got it all in pre with a8o on 350 bbs. he can easily have two diamonds or air here in my opinion.

thanks for replies so far and any further help and clarification based on the above is appreciated.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:06 PM

you played fine and got unlucky, just take a break or donk around at micros for a lil bit to get your head straight and you'll be fine
Old 11-13-2007, 03:07 PM

[x] halp
Old 11-13-2007, 03:12 PM

prolly not the smartest idea to post your ftp name and that you're only 17 on a public forum THAT FTP EMPLOYEES READ