Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 10:43 PM

Default Re: who banned youtalkfunny for 24 hours in OOT?

shajen got busy with work, and the rest all still post here, this is why I'm not up in arms.

If you'd be willing to try it, I think trying to ban less and lock/delete more could prove successful, but its your forum.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WOW, youtalkfunny is a customer??? So am I, I am sure NT is too. You act like because he bought $100 worth of books, he should run the forum. Also, Let's stop pretending that the forums isn't its own business. Maybe 10 years ago the purpose of this forum was to promote the books, but it is long since passed that.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I act like since he is one of the people that made the forums what is it today that he should be teated with some respect.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:55 PM

I just read the pm in the OP abd he sounds like a huge whiner.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:13 PM

ytf is kind of overreacting to this imo. nobody is trying to insult his status as a longtime uber-poster (or whatever he claimed himself to be.)

sure, the post probably could have just been deleted and a PM sent confirming this.

but for him to get on his high-horse and talk about how he's been around for so long and that this happening to him is inexcusable, etc. is pretty gay. who cares when he registered or how long he's been around. it's just a matter of reading the sticky and/or exercising common sense.

and for whoever is defending him because he's been around since before there were mods or before there was an OOT or when it was called "OT" or before you even had to register, congratulations, you liked 2p2 before it was cool and polluted with this nonsense. oh, how you probably wish for a return to the halcyon days when AndyFox posted the stories of how Clarkmeister went to the antiques road show with Dynasty because Dynasty bothered the hell out of him until he agreed because he had no ride otherwise and then he got upset when Clark wanted to hit up a titty bar afterwards.*

anyway.

this entire incident could have been avoided if ytf had just THOUGHT for a few seconds before he posted. "will this thread eat nuts? The answer is clearly "yes."

and fwiw in case my opinion needs validation, I am sitting next to an old computer machine that runs Win98 and ran Win95 prior to that. i used to play Quake 1 on it back in the day. also, I have a copy of SSHE nearby.

so, in sum, HEES THREAD SUCKED, STRAIGHT AHP.

BAN HEEM, BAN THAT MYAN HEES FORUMS??? no, probably just delete the thread next time.

* dramatization. may not have happened.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
WOW, youtalkfunny is a customer??? So am I, I am sure NT is too. You act like because he bought $100 worth of books, he should run the forum. Also, Let's stop pretending that the forums isn't its own business. Maybe 10 years ago the purpose of this forum was to promote the books, but it is long since passed that.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I act like since he is one of the people that made the forums what is it today that he should be teated with some respect.

[/ QUOTE ]

on the flip side, perhaps since he is one of the people that allegedly makes this site so great, he could be expected to know the rules of a sub-forum in which he has posted more or less daily for the last six months?
Old 11-01-2007, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

on the flip side, perhaps since he is one of the people that allegedly makes this site so great, he could be expected to know the rules of a sub-forum in which he has posted more or less daily for the last six months?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just read the sticky and it isn't clear what rule he violated. He should have used search and found the existing thread, but I noticed that not using search before posting is not on the list of thigns to avoid.

I am tired of this thread so if you want to get in the last word you are welcome to it. If the reds are ok with you driving away business it shouldn't be my concern; it is their website.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:42 AM

the thread is in the wrong place for a number of reasons

-a forum exists for computer or technical help, he is asking for help with a program he doesn't know how to use (photoshop)

-this also falls under googletarding, i.e. asking a question that is of little or no interest to anyone else in the forum (fixing his avatar for him) that he is too lazy or inept to answer himself.

-the fact that other threads exist for this purpose in this forum and others is a relatively minor point since they weren't really active recently and i don't know for sure that he reads those other forums (although i am pretty sure he does). i wouldn't ban someone just for that.

-again, this is not the first time i have locked or deleted a thread by this user. i suspect his notes have been cleared because i remember it with certainty.

the other fact of the matter is that, if either he or you had simply said, "sorry i/he broke the rules, long-time poster, can you let it slide?" ... i would have done exactly that, as i have many times in the past. i can think of only a few instances where i didn't immediately reduce or reverse a ban after being asked in a civilized way by a fellow mod to do so.

but when i get indignant PMs over a one-day ban from ANYONE who is being rude, or ignoring the forum rules, or trying to tell me how to do my job when they haven't even bothered to understand what happened, it is pretty much guaranteed that i will tell you to eat a bowl of dicks, no matter who you are or how long you've been posting on this site.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

the thread is in the wrong place for a number of reasons

-a forum exists for computer or technical help, he is asking for help with a program he doesn't know how to use (photoshop)

-this also falls under googletarding, i.e. asking a question that is of little or no interest to anyone else in the forum (fixing his avatar for him) that he is too lazy or inept to answer himself.

-the fact that other threads exist for this purpose in this forum and others is a relatively minor point since they weren't really active recently and i don't know for sure that he reads those other forums (although i am pretty sure he does). i wouldn't ban someone just for that.

-again, this is not the first time i have locked or deleted a thread by this user. i suspect his notes have been cleared because i remember it with certainty.

the other fact of the matter is that, if either he or you had simply said, "sorry i/he broke the rules, long-time poster, can you let it slide?" ... i would have done exactly that, as i have many times in the past. i can think of only a few instances where i didn't immediately reduce or reverse a ban after being asked in a civilized way by a fellow mod to do so.

but when i get indignant PMs over a one-day ban from ANYONE who is being rude, or ignoring the forum rules, or trying to tell me how to do my job when they haven't even bothered to understand what happened, it is pretty much guaranteed that i will tell you to eat a bowl of dicks, no matter who you are or how long you've been posting on this site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cliff notes: I am right, everyone else is wrong and can f off and eat d's!

p.s. I don't care about twoplustwo customers. They are all too stupid to follow MY RULES anyway.

Sincerely f off,

NT
Old 11-01-2007, 01:57 AM

i'm locking all threads like this for awhile.

for now, i'll take the advice of those who think we should be forced to speak to one another politely. let's see how that works.
Closed Thread