Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 10-12-2007, 09:53 PM

Default Cheating? Is it possible to......

Ok, I apologize if this has already been posted, but the sticky on this thread did now have the answer to my question. I know pokerstars has been proven to be random, but is it possible for a cheater to detect what the flop, turn, and river will look like pre-flop? I say this because I played against someone recently in the tourney, call with crap cards, call all in with low pair, during or after the flop, and still come out on top. This happened in 3 hands, and I wonder if he was just a bad player that got lucky or was getting lucky because he knew the cards that would come. Keep in mind the I'm not the most computer savvy person, so I'm asking someone with a programming background if it is possible to see future cards pre-flop.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:11 PM

Default Re: Cheating? Is it possible to......

no, it isn't possible. the cards are not determined until the moment they are dealt.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:13 PM

No, it's not possible.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:15 PM

On Pokerstars the whole deck is determined before any cards are dealt. However, if someone knows what the flop turn and river cards are, then they probably know the hole cards, and that's almost as bad.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:41 PM

^^^

If the deck is determined before the cards are dealt, then I should be careful next time I play then.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:49 PM

You'd have to hack into the site to do it and that probably would not be an easy task.
Also if there really was already a hack in place I'd sincerely doubt they'd cheat on low stakes games.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:09 PM

^^^

Thats a good point, it wasn't like I was playing a monster tourney.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You'd have to hack into the site to do it and that probably would not be an easy task.
Also if there really was already a hack in place I'd sincerely doubt they'd cheat on low stakes games.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's more likely they would cheat at lower stakes. It would be harder to catch since the low stakes could explain the "crazy" play (if they could see your cards). Also, what are small stakes to you isn't small stakes to, oh let's say, the guy in India or Africa.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On Pokerstars the whole deck is determined before any cards are dealt. However, if someone knows what the flop turn and river cards are, then they probably know the hole cards, and that's almost as bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's true, then yes it is possible to know the flop/turn/river before it happens. However, it would require a master's knowledge of data encryption and network security to pull it off. Someone with this level of rare intelligence would have much bigger fish to fry than low-stakes poker games.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:36 PM

I disagree. If I have this kind of skills, I think pokersite is exactly the kind of place I will target. With some minimum poker skills, I can win lots of money without ever being noticed. Even if I get caught, the pokersite probably wont admit it and I probably wont go to jail for it. Obviously I can steal much more if I hack into the Bank of America's computer system, but it is much harder to get away from a crime like that and the punishment will be much more severe than hacking into an offshore pokersite. Talking about risk and reward, it is just hard to come up with a better place to hack than a pokersite.