Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community

Old 11-29-2007, 11:37 PM

Default Re: Bellagio Five Diamond Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just curious, when you were down to four handed. What did you have vs Jimmie (skinny kid who won it) on the I believe 35KK board where you checkraised him on the flop and turn. Also what did you think of his play overall, and how big of a douche is the old guy who finished 2nd?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually the action on the hand went I raise to 30k w/ A9o, He flat calls on the button... Flop K75ss, I bet 44k and he called... Turn was Kh, and I checked he bet 110k, and I moved in for 120k more and he folded... Really one of the sickest hands I've ever played...

And I think he plays pretty well... His thing is that a lot of people think he's way crazier than he actually is... He gets a lot of action that he shouldn't because of the way he looks... And ya, the old guy Kelly was such a douche... When we were 4 handed He said he was the best player left and I almost laughed out loud... He was so by far the worst player left...

[/ QUOTE ]
Jimmie has been killing the 10/20 bellagio game buying in like 30k etc for almost a year now. He does get crazy action. Also Kelly does the same thing, just not the killing part, let's just say he talks a big game... I was just curious what others thought of his play.

Also on the hand I was looking at that board thinking, neither one of them have [censored]. LOL, I really thought you were both making a move. My friend said Jimmie has got to have a king here... aparently not. Nice play.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:33 AM

I busted with about 100 left today, still haven't won a single coinflip in the month of November in the 10 live events I've played.

I ended up sticking around the Bellagio until 8:20 or so because I didn't want to deal with traffic, and Vivek was still in with 40 left and a TON of chips. He played a fun hand vs Gavin Griffin:

old lady who'd been limping a lot limps in EMP at 400/800. folds to Vivek on the btn and he makes it 3200. from the bb, gavin very quickly makes it 9600 (I think that's right). old lady folds, and Vivek 4-bet shoves for ~20k more. Gavin eventually decides to call.

Vivek: KJo
Gavin: T7o

Vivek holds with K-high taking the pot down.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:52 AM

That's such a sexy hand TimCaum, 40 BB value shove with KJ, boo yah.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:38 AM

Does anyone know if the B is going to be having any super satellites for the main event in the 100-500 dollar range? They only show the single table $1,500 satellites on Bellagio's web page. I'm going to be in Vegas for at least a week as of the 10th...

Benny
Old 11-30-2007, 04:23 AM

just got a call from vivek. they're on break with 16 left, he's in 2nd with about 20% of the chips in play with 210k. he just busted thayer. shannon shorr still in, as well as soggy vag.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:38 AM

Location: just a skinny azzzed short stacking gossip hurling trouble maker

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know if the B is going to be having any super satellites for the main event in the 100-500 dollar range? They only show the single table $1,500 satellites on Bellagio's web page. I'm going to be in Vegas for at least a week as of the 10th...

Benny

[/ QUOTE ]

there might be satelites to the satelites
Old 11-30-2007, 05:49 AM

sigh duck
Old 11-30-2007, 06:30 AM

just got in, staying at bellagio. playing the 5k venetian in the morning though instead of the 3k bellagio. i have no idea what the fields are like but i hear the venetian one is televised, so that gets my attention i suppose. come say hi!
Old 11-30-2007, 06:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sigh duck

[/ QUOTE ]

O I GET IT
Old 11-30-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just got in, staying at bellagio. playing the 5k venetian in the morning though instead of the 3k bellagio. i have no idea what the fields are like but i hear the venetian one is televised, so that gets my attention i suppose. come say hi!

[/ QUOTE ]

i would advise against this, two events have already been cancelled and I wouldnt expect many runners to show up at this event (which is at 3 pm I believe).