Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 08:43 AM

Default Re: WSEX: Official Monthly Thread: June. (#10 of 10.)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Goosfraaba,

That was what was being said about it 2 years ago. Fish don't care about the rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

EXACTAMUNDO!!!

Which is why all this babble about changing from dealt rakeback to contributed rakeback in order to bring in more players or make the games looser is the purest nonsense.

David Solomon

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not really about the psychological effect of the rake but the simple question of where the money goes. More money to loose players and less to nits, will be good for long term state of the game. The effect may not be large but the negatives are smaller or non existent (bots take a pay cut?).

Also, don't discount the compounding effect of a small change over time to create a tipping point (such as a strong, self promoting player base).

James
Old 06-21-2007, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
did WSEX switch to contributed rakeback? i have been hearing conflicting stories from different sources, i would like a definitive answer

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but the GM said it's on the to do list.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:35 AM

Requested check June 11th. Paid $30 for Fed Ex. It arrived today (June 21st). So about 10 days later.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:13 PM

Can you deposit at WSEX with Epass, if not, what other options?
Old 06-21-2007, 03:32 PM

So regular checks are taking 6-8 weeks and 'overnight' are 10 days. Ugh, I guess I'll be stuck paying the $30 fee each time.

GM, can you answer the question as to why WPX checks are taking so much longer than other sites?
Old 06-21-2007, 10:03 PM

I know this has been brought up before...but I haven't seen it mentioned in a bit (possible oversight.)

Can we please get it so you can late register for the tourneys? I pretty much always register early, but that little extra cushion would have got me in on many occasions.

And what about an MTT with a little higher buy-in than the norm? It seems to go straight from $10 to the High-Stakes (which rarely go off.) I know there's the occasional $50, but it doesn't get too many runners, either. What about a $25?
Old 06-21-2007, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So regular checks are taking 6-8 weeks and 'overnight' are 10 days. Ugh, I guess I'll be stuck paying the $30 fee each time.

GM, can you answer the question as to why WPX checks are taking so much longer than other sites?

[/ QUOTE ]

this really has to be addressed immediately
Old 06-22-2007, 11:46 AM

Withdrawals are taking longer than I would like. I don't think any regular mail requests have gone past six weeks and I don't think any courier withdrawals have gone longer than two weeks, with most taking less.

I apologize for the delays, but this is the environment we are in right now. I am not going to elaborate on the details. WSEX has been in business since 1996 and has never been accused of stiffing anyone. Before the Neteller debacle I think our payout performance would have been described as flawless.

On a more positive note, we are having a tournament tonight at 8:30 Eastern, $5,000 added NL TX Hold'em, $10 buy-in, Limited to 500 players. If only 10 people show up, we're still adding $5,000.

Fred Balfour
GM
WSEX.com
Old 06-22-2007, 12:20 PM

Default Re: Dealt vs Contributed Rakeback

I've improved on my model for the loosening effect of rakefree/contributed-rakeback vs raked/dealt-rakeback.

I came up with the same results as my first, rougher, model. A surprisingly large loosening effect going from 17% of hands played to 24%.

I again welcome reasoned criticism of the model over there.

I believe I've soundly demonstrated that moving to contributed rakeback will loosen the games significantly. The thinking tight players will open their range to pursue the extra money in the pot. The loose players will get more money in their rolls and play more.

Together these effects will help move the games at WPEX towards the fun atmosphere of a home game.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:36 PM

Default Re: Dealt vs Contributed Rakeback

You forget that a very large part of their player base prefers the dealt RB. I'm not saying that I would leave WPX if they went to contributed, but I would not be happy aobut it. I don't think it's in the best interest of the company to go against what the majority of their customers prefer. They need to find a new way to attract fish...and telling them that they will now get 100% contributed RB isn't going to do it. Fish don't even know what contributed/dealt means. Also, new fish to the site will be getting back more each week, but they don't have anything to compare it to. They'll be happy getting anything back. Fish also don't understand tight vs loose games. They play their own cards, not the other players and they don't care about table dynamics. IMHO changing the RB structure isn't going to help this site grow. It will only frustrate it's current player base.

OK, that's all I've said on this issue. I know we wanted to drop it on this thread, but I had to give my opinion as well.
Closed Thread