Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 04:51 PM

Default Re: $50r - Another Easy Preflop Spot That Pisses Me Off

There are no tournies on stars where there are no antes at this round other than pot limit tournies...also the preflop pot is listed in the converter. Not ragging on u, just pointing out.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hey curtains, can u respond to what i asked earlier about how 22-44 would be different from 55 from the pushing perspective of the CO?

[/ QUOTE ]

55 has like 2% more equity against over cards than 22. The higher the pair, the more equity you will have against overcards. At some point this stuff makes a difference.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:53 PM

According to Sklansky, it is cEV+ to push ATo face up for 53xBB from the SB without ante, so it should be cEV+ to push for 16xBB with ante from HJ.

[ QUOTE ]
There are no tournies on stars where there are no antes at this round other than pot limit tournies...also the preflop pot is listed in the converter. Not ragging on u, just pointing out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude the sunday million im almost sure there are no antes at this level. Dont they start at like 400-800? I remember they kept changing the structure every time I played, which was quite a while ago.

Ok I stand corrected, never noticed that preflop pot part. I'll keep that in mind for the future, sorry for my rant!

Yeah but 77 has X% more equity than 55, etc, I was more wondering why the cutoff point would be drawn at 55 instead of all pairs.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah but 77 has X% more equity than 55, etc, I was more wondering why the cutoff point would be drawn at 55 instead of all pairs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, you are the one who said 55 and KQs, not me. Anyway all the math was bogus because of the antes. I'd probably cut it off around 77-66.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude the sunday million im almost sure there are no antes at this level. Dont they start at like 400-800?

Ok I stand corrected, never noticed that preflop pot part. I'll keep that in mind for the future, sorry for my rant!

[/ QUOTE ]
The coverter gives the pot at 1300, which means 300/600/50.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude the sunday million im almost sure there are no antes at this level. Dont they start at like 400-800?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohh yea u are right about the million, however that structure doesn't come in to play anywhere else but Sunday, literally every single other tourney has antes at the 300/600 level. my bad
Old 11-07-2007, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohh yea u are right about the million, however that structure doesn't come in to play anywhere else but Sunday, literally every single other tourney has antes at the 300/600 level. my bad

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I dunno what they are doing over there. I try to contribute to this forum without ever playing any tourneys online [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Usually one doesn't expect to have to do such detective work to figure out the antes. When one looks at the blinds and it reads 300/600, one assumes that is the structure. I now know better and hopefully will not make this mistake in the future, but I do think that it's a silly way of formatting things.

Anyway I now think it's very close between open pushing and making a standardish raise with the intention of just making the best decision depending on what happens. I wouldn't blame anyone much for taking either choice.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:30 PM

re: earlier i just hate raise folding to any sort of aggressive player because it seems that no one folds any sort of pair, even 22. Now, in this particular situation I would prob call tighter vs stealthmunk but usually I treat AT in this spot as the pure nuts and play it for a raise/snapcall :O