Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 09:35 AM

Default Deeb lays down KK preflop in FW WPT

Xposted in Tourney Circuit, also posted here since there are a few threads on the FW WPT here. Remove if inapt mods.

I'm usually bored watching poker tourneys live because there are so many hands that are just so boring but then a hand like this happens.

This was yesterday and I was down there with my brother and we went down to the ballroom to watch the final 11 slug out to the TV final table. We pick a spot right in front of an empty table that I suspected they were gong to move to on the redraw when they lost another player and sure enough they did so we had ring side seats.

Freddie Deeb was playing like [censored] as he said so himself. He even left the final table for about 20 minutes and missed a bunch of hands. When he got back he said he was sick from some bad chicken and had to go up to his room and said something else we couldn't hear but the tourney director chuckled "that was a little too much info Freddie".

Anyway, he missed a call when he "knew" the guy was bluffing and was reraised off a lot of hands and then someone said are you running bad all of sudden Freddie and he said no I'm running good, just playing bad.

So the hand. Two limpers 20,000/40,000 and it's up to Freddie and raises to 120,000. I've noticed Deeb likes to keep pots small perflop because he likes postflop play but I thought his raise was just to punish the limpers a little and take control of the hand. Next John Myung who had not move a chip the whole time we were there made it 800,000 to go.

I told my brother, I thought Myung had a moderately good hand, read Deeb the same way I did and was trying to take this pot down now. Folded around to the original limper and a strange thing takes place. The guy goes in the tank for ten minutes and looks really conflicted. This is the same guy that ran the big river bluff on Deeb with 8 high and showed.

I then told my brother that if this guy suddenly after all this moves all-in, he's got AA and that's precisely what he does for 1.8 million total. It now gets folded to Deeb and another strange thing happens, he goes into the tank for ten minutes, talking to crowd, saying nothing like this situation has ever happened to me in a tourney. He also asks Myung if he has the raiser covered and he did by about 200K.

He then asks the girl with the hand held TV camera to come over and film his hand, she's real reluctant to do it and keeps prodding her and the TD is letting it all go which was great theater for all of us watching. She finally comes over and he lets the camera see his hand.

He then takes a little more time and mucks but tells the dealer not to muck them, but to leep them on the side near the muck. The dealer didn't want to do it but eventually gave in and id it. I put Deeb on KK, thought it obvious.

Now another strange thing happens, John Myung goes in the tank for ten minutes. I put him on QQ for all the agony he was going through. Plus he had almost half his stack committed to the pot. He starts a dialogue with the guy and the guy wants him to muck, doesn't want a race he says and he sounds like he means it. Myung then says, so you don't have the best hand and the guy says no, I definitely have the best hand but just want to take it down right now and again sounds like he means it.

It really looks like Myung is going to muck and suddenly he calls and flips up TT. WTF, TT. The guy flips up surprise to me KK and he survives a little race as Myung had an oesd on the turn. And they turn Deeb's hand and he had KK as well.

A real fun hand to watch. Anyone else see it and if you did, please feel free to fill in any gaps or correct anything I might have [censored] up.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:42 AM

Default Re: Deeb lays down KK preflop in FW WPT

spoiler?
Old 11-13-2007, 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
spoiler?

[/ QUOTE ]

Won't be a final TV table hand as they hadn't got down to 6 yet.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:30 AM

good report,

what was deeb's reaction to seeing the 1st guy who went all in had KK as well?
Old 11-13-2007, 10:31 AM

20/40/ 4

limp hijack, fld, limp button, deeb makes it 225k total, BB makes it 810k total, 1st limper shoves for 1.8m total.

fyi
Old 11-13-2007, 10:54 AM

would of been sweet if the guy tables AK and myung won the race w/ pp 10s. the look on deeb's face would of been priceless.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:56 AM

soiler?
Old 11-13-2007, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
good report,

what was deeb's reaction to seeing the 1st guy who went all in had KK as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't seem too upset. He just said I knew he had AA or KK.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
20/40/ 4

limp hijack, fld, limp button, deeb makes it 225k total, BB makes it 810k total, 1st limper shoves for 1.8m total.

fyi

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks and gl. As someone right there close to the action, were you surprised at Myung's call and if in his place would you have called or folded?
Old 11-13-2007, 11:09 AM

If you put the guy on KK or AA, KK is a clear laydown (which i know you know Toro [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ).

Must be nice to play with people who make their hand ranges so transparent - especially so late in a WPT event [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]