Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit

Old 11-11-2007, 02:39 AM

Default K6 straight on a flushy board

No relevant notes, about 45 hands on each.
MP1 was 43/13/1.36
MP2 was 51/0/0.51

PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (10 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG+2 folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

River: (10.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

Flop: I have OESD and a 1-card, 2nd-nut FD. With only 3 players it's not clear that a bet is for value. I assume I am not in front. Outs are unclear especially because someone could have a flush or even a straight. I decided to check/call.

Turn: The straight comes in. The numbers don't support it but I was confident that one of them would bet; MP2 obliged and I completed my planned check-raise. Why would I want to risk giving a free card here? Why even assume that I'm in front? The fact that they both call seems reassuring. Looking back, I think that bet/call would be my best line...and a raise would make me consider a puke fold.

River: Looks like a check/call line would be better, but villain only calls.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:56 AM

Default Re: K6 straight on a flushy board

Just bet the turn. What makes you confident that someone will bet? You have no reads and the stats suggest players are passive.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: ...it's not clear that a bet is for value.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty clear to me it is.

[ QUOTE ]
Turn:...The numbers don't support it but I was confident that one of them would bet;

[/ QUOTE ]

We really don't need to talk any more. Following your flop play, this is just more donkish play, and your little soliloquy of introspective questions doesn't change it.

Bet your frickin' hand and SAVE THE MICROS.

[ QUOTE ]
River: Looks like a check/call line would be better....

[/ QUOTE ]

YAY! The comedy of errors continues.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:58 AM

I donk the flop. I'd hate to have it checked through. You can count all nine hearts as outs, and maybe just discount your OESD outs to 3 or 4 instead of 6? I don't know that the K is worth any. But you're making your hand about half the time here. So this is clearly a value bet. Even against 2 opponents it's a value bet.

As played, I think your turn c/r was good. Had you led the flop, I think you'd need to lead the turn. I wouldn't have folded had I been raised here, I would have c/c.

River good.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:05 AM

grunch

I like the way you played the hand. I agree that a turn lead is better because of the possibility of it getting checked through. I wouldn't consider folding if it's raised on the turn becasue you have the flush draw.
The river is a bet, no one 3 bet the turn you are more than likly ahead.
Because I'm a nit: You don't have the 2nd nut flush draw because there are straight flushes possible.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:15 AM

Value betting and straight forward play is what will reward you at these limits, please stop out playing yourself.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:39 AM

No-one is likely playing 86, so your straight is very likely the nuts. Against three opponents it's VERY unlikely someone has Axh, especially considering the lack of real betting going on.

Since you have about 14 outs (the 6h can give someone a straight flush but that's it - and I'm not even counting the K overcard), even against one opponent it's a value bet on the flop. You're +50% on making either a straight or a flush by the river, so any bet is just in your favor. That means BET, RAISE, CAP! Well, maybe not cap, since that's likely a Axh, but still, you get the idea...
14+ outers have MASSIVE value on the flop, and should be taken all the way.

I'd donk the flop, 3-bet if someone raises (and call down if they'd cap), lead the turn (unless capped flop), lead the river.
You have very little to fear in this hand...
Old 11-12-2007, 10:25 AM

poker is easy

flop = I has A FLUSH DRAW, I bet!

turn = I has A STRAIGHT, I bet!

river = I has A STRAIGHT, I bet!

collect monies.