Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 11-05-2007, 02:02 PM

Default FR - Calling reraise from shortie with AT98ds?

Reads: Never played FR before, recently sat down. No reads on villains, but the table is REALLY passive. Played 14 hands so far and none had been raised preflop by anyone. I am not kidding. Is this typical for FR?

I'm thinking that maybe I should fold to the reraise, since the hand is not in great shape against aces. On the other hand, I like to think that he has bad reverse implied odds, but that might just be wishful thinking on my part, since I may be forced to get it in with one pair + some weak draw.

What do you think of preflop and other streets?

Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
7 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $167.30
UTG+1: $27.50
MP1: $90.95
roggles: $74
Button: $82.65
SB: $93.30
BB: $55.95

Pre-flop: (7 players) roggles is CO with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
2 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">roggles raises to $4.5</font>, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $19</font>, MP1 folds, roggles calls, SB calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($58, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB is all-in $36.95</font>, roggles calls, SB calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($168.85, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $168.85)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">roggles is all-in $18.05</font>.
Uncalled bets: $18.05 returned to roggles.

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($168.85, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $168.85)

Results:
Final pot: $168.85
Old 11-05-2007, 04:48 PM

Default Re: FR - Calling reraise from shortie with AT98ds?

[ QUOTE ]
No reads on villains, but the table is REALLY passive. Played 14 hands so far and none had been raised preflop by anyone. I am not kidding. Is this typical for FR?

[/ QUOTE ] If I sat down and played real money, this IS what I would expect - extremely passive opponents. It's where MOST of the time you limp in early and middle positions with occasional raising and raise in position.

I think you were absolutely correct in raising AT98s pre-flop AND calling the re-raise ESPECIALLY against AAxx.

I think that without reads on your opponents I would just have to fold it on the flop.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:55 PM

Whole hand is played fine imo, though folding preflop would be ok too and you might want to push on the flop to discourage sb from coming along and possibly clean up some outs (though really since sb only has $18 more it's pretty trivial).
Old 11-05-2007, 05:04 PM

I like a fold to the 3bet since he is short, and I don't think you get the odds you need vs him. If he's got a full stack, I call the 3bet.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like a fold to the 3bet since he is short, and I don't think you get the odds you need vs him. If he's got a full stack, I call the 3bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that with the good chance of the sb coming along, you can easily justify a call preflop here.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:49 PM

I don't fold to the reraise here unless BB's a little shorter. Something like $39 left puts you in a really awkward spot as you'll lose the extra $20 a ton, having to commit to garbage, but you've got just enough implied odds to call here double-suited, especially with the chance that SB can come along.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:55 PM

Should I have waited to bet my final $18 until the river? On the turn, I didn't really consider that he would fold. Isn't it a very strange fold by him in that pot?
Old 11-06-2007, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If I sat down and played real money

[/ QUOTE ]
best start to any strategy post on 2+2.

the post just gets better after this, too.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No reads on villains, but the table is REALLY passive. Played 14 hands so far and none had been raised preflop by anyone. I am not kidding. Is this typical for FR?

[/ QUOTE ] If I sat down and played real money, this IS what I would expect - extremely passive opponents. It's where MOST of the time you limp in early and middle positions with occasional raising and raise in position.

I think you were absolutely correct in raising AT98s pre-flop AND calling the re-raise ESPECIALLY against AAxx.

I think that without reads on your opponents I would just have to fold it on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really stupid, but after reading this post I feel really smart.