Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2007, 04:20 AM

Default Re: Mike\'s Log

Also, found my old workout routine (which I never got around to completing except for legs and arms) I still like it, so I'll probably start following it again.

Arms

Biceps

Day 1

Barbell Curls
Spider Curls (inner)
One arm preachers (outer)
Cross Body Hammers (brach)

Day 2

Barbell Curls
Preacher Curls (Inner)
Hammer curls (outer)
Drag Curl (upper/brach)

Alternates for variety: Incline bench hang for inners, Arnold style concentrations(mite move to main workout), reverse barbell instead of drag curl.

Triceps

Day 1

Close grip bench
Overhead dumbell french press (inner/mid)
Tricep pulldown 1 hand reverse grip (outer)

Day 2

Skull Crushers
Tricep Extensions (Outer/mid)
Tricep pressdown (Inner)

Legs

Day 1

Squats 10 reps heavy
Static Lunges (Barbell?)
Lying Hamstring Curls
Seated Calf Raise 30 reps heavy

Day 2

Squats 15 - 10 dropsets
Walking lunges
Stiff Legged Deads
Standing Calf Inner/Outer/Forward 3 sets of 30 or so

Day 3

Leg Extension PreExhuast - 3 sets 10 HEAVY
Squats 3 sets 20 preexhausted
Hamstring Curls
Calf Inner/OUter/Mid

-Mike
Old 09-18-2007, 03:55 AM

9/17/07

Arms

Warmup: 3min bike

Biceps

Barbell Curl

PR - ?

10x60
10x70
6x70
6x60 (dropset)

Incline Bench Hammer Curl

PR 3x10x25

10x25
9x25
10x22.5

Triceps

Skullcrushers

7x35
10x30
8x30

Seated Dumbell French Press

3x10x55

Bodyweight Two Bench Dip

Well today wasnt the greatest day since it was very rushed with very little time between sets (the triceps almost seemed like 1 giant superset) I guess it was good from a switching things up point of view tho, so maybe itll work out ok. We got to the gym and asked how long it takes to sign up for a membership and the lady says oh 10 minutes (1 hr to close) So we're like ok, should be enuff time after that. Anyways, shes super slow and new or something, and it ends up taking 30 min cuz she messes something up. Great. Anyways, first time doing barbell curls since Ive been back and they felt pretty good and I thought my form was super good on them so that went well. I usually do a third (sometimes 4th) bicep exercise but was super low on time. Triceps went ok but I think they are not doing as well as my biceps so I might work them first next time. They were very tough as I was getting pretty exhausted by the end. Also, did the dips at home because we ran out of time (only about 5 min from gym). Ate really well today as well so overall wasnt too bad.

Yesterday I did some sprints for cardio for about 20 min. First cardio Ive done in awhile..thinking about doing some tonite in a few hrs not sure. Didnt end up going to the gym cuz I ran outta time before we went to the Keith Urban concert. Im not a huge country fan but I do like it..he def puts on a good show tho and my gf loves him so it was a good time.

Next week arm goals: Skullcrushers 3x10x35 Bicep curl 3x10x60 (not sure about this cuz Ill be tired from doing tri's first, could be able to do this ez or might not be able to at all but its a number Id be happy with)

Tomorrows workout: Legs probably, my back is still a bit tight tho so possibly chest. We'll see when I get there

-Mike
Old 09-19-2007, 03:39 AM

9/18/2007

Legs

Warmup: 2min bike

PR - 8x275 (bad form [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] )

Warmup Squats: 20x45
15x135
14x185
12x185
11x185

Static Dumbell Lunges

PR ???

50lb Rightx10 Leftx8
45lb Leftx10 Rightx10
45lb Leftx10 Rightx9

Lying Hamstring Curls

10x80
12x65
15x65

Standing Barbell Calf Raises off Box

25x135
18x135

Hmm well, you guys were right I def wasnt going low enough on the squats. I was very strict with form today, altho lighter than I expected, so that sucks. Something to work back up to I guess. Next week should be a lot better Im hoping as I feel exhausted today. After my third set of lunges my legs basically gave out and I had to sit on the floor for a couple minutes. Also, it was my first time doing static lunges in about 3 yrs so that was interesting..a little more lactic acid on them..I think I like walking lunges better, but will probably go with a 2/1 split for variety. Hammy curls were lighter this week with a bit more reps...did the first set heavy but it didnt feel very good on my legs so I toned it down a bit. Also, first time doing the calf raises. They were pretty good, intense burn obv. Only thing I dont like is its harder to go with inner/outer stance than on a machine so I just did straightforward stance. I really wanna get some SLDL's in but Im just not in good enough shape yet to do another heavy lift after squats and lunges. Soon I hope.

Next week's leg goals: 10x225 squats

Tomorrows workout: Im taking tmrw off..I just feel really lethargic right now and Im pretty sure Im overtraining. Ive only taken probably 2 - 3 days off in the last 6 weeks that I wasnt either drinking or hungover (which obv arent the best rest days), and I think its catching up to me. So, tmrw off..thurs chest, fri off, sat is a wedding so drinking/off, sun hungover/off and Monday I should be nice and fresh to start the week off with back and hopefully a strong DL showing.

-Mike
Old 09-22-2007, 02:50 AM

9/21/07

Chest

3min bike Warmup

Flat DB Press

PR 10x60

10x30 warmup

10x60
10x65
10x60

Incline DB Press

PR 3x45x10

10x50
10x45
9x45

Decline DB Press

9x50
10x45
8x45

Incline DB llies

10x20
10x20
10x20

I took the two last days off cuz I really needed a rest...I was gonna just take one day off but my shoulder was super sore the last two days...I think I slept really weird or something on it since it started hurting after arm day and leg day, neither which has any shoulder movements at all. Anyways I think it helped out a lot as I felt much better today in general, and in the gym. My wrists still felt very fatigued tho, rly not sure whats causing that. Also, I really wanna get barbell press into my workout but I still dont someone to go with so...db press it is. No idea whats going on with my kettlebells and also my ZMA shoulda been here by today so hopefully monday. Off to a wedding tmrw till sunday...might do some cardio in the morning and/or sunday night. Monday is back day and Im hoping to go super heavy on deads and also finally get 10xbw pullups...big day! Hopefully Im not too hungover from the weekend still =/

Next weeks chest goals: 10x70! We'll see..I can tell Im starting to level off, so moving up weight isnt guaranteed every week...was fun while it lasted tho =)

Also sidenote: Weight is up to 171 which is an alltime high..yay! BF is also up a bit tho..about 1% on avg from beginning.

-Mike
Old 09-25-2007, 03:43 AM

9/24/07

Back

5min bike warmup

Wide Grips Pullups

PR 9xbw

10xbw (!!)
7xBW
5xbw

Deadlifts

PR - 10x185

warmup 10x135
4x185
4x185
10x155
10x175
10x185
8x225

Bentover Barbell Rows

PR - 3x10x70

10x70
10x80
9x70

Another good back day for me...finally got off my goal of 10 pullups. I coulda got 1 more off as well but I wanted to try for 2x10 (didnt happen obv =) Deadlifts were very erratic for me again. I think it takes me awhile to warm up on them compared to other exercises so I'll try to factor that in next time. Anyways, still really happy that I hit my PR/goal from last week. Also after my 8x225 I fell to one knee on the way to the water fountain..thought I might pass out cuz I was so lightheaded. Guess thats a good set [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Also of note with deadlifts is that my grip is starting to get pretty taxed at 225...hopefully that gets stronger. One more thing: was very taxed today from all the deads and didnt get off a 4th exercise. I was EXHAUSTED after the last set of rows whereas last week 4 excercises didnt seem too tough.

Next weeks goals: Maybe 2x10xbw on pullups altho Id settle for 10xbw 9xbw. Deadlifts: no idea. Maybe same goal I had last week which was warmup, 185x8 2x225x(6-8). Also 3x10x80 on rows..altho I might put in Tbar rows instead so we'll see.

Tomorrows Workout: Shoulders

-Mike
Old 09-25-2007, 04:23 AM

Ive also decided to do an X-Factor/ Activate Xtreme stack. I ordered 2 bottles each yesterday. Ive heard really good things about this stack and hope it will put on some good strength gains once I start to plateau. Im probably going to start the stack in about 3 weeks and it takes about 3 weeks to get going...so by then I def. should have started to see some plateaus and this should keep the gains coming. Im hoping after this stack to be at arond 185lbs and start cutting and working on cutting and functional strength more than I do now. So yah..thats basically the plan for the next 2 months or so.

-Mike
Old 09-26-2007, 08:07 AM

9/25/07

Shoulders

Warmup 3min bike

Seated Overhead DB Press

PR - 9x45

warmup 10x30
10x45
10x50
8x45

Front DB Raises

3x10x17.5

lateral DB Raises

3x10x17.5

Rear Delt Machine

10x85
10x100

Shrugs

2x10x60

Meh. Pretty good workout but shoulders is not my fav. Got my goal off (equivilant I would say) so that was good. I wanna start doing military press again but dont have a spotter still. Also my back is super sore today..tough workout yesterday.

Next weeks goals: 2x10x50 DB overhead (seated) maybe also try to move up to 20s on raises. if I cant do 20s maybe ill superset the last 2 sets (Front+lateral supersetx2)

Tmrws workout: Maybe arms..maybe off. leaning towards off cuz my back is sore and my grip is mangled from deads and shrugs (mainly deads) If i skip arms tmrw I might do chest on thurs and skip arms this week (im away fri/sat for bday party in whistler) We'll see what happens

Notes: My kettlebells are nowhere to be seen...the company seems pretty hurting for customer service but I havent paid them yet so meh. Also free shipping to where I live is a plus. My ZMA is also MIA...if it doesnt come by tmrw Im prolly gonna go pick up some caps locally.

-Mike
Old 09-26-2007, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wanna start doing military press again but dont have a spotter still.

[/ QUOTE ]

This lift is not spotted. I guess you mean seated...
Old 09-26-2007, 12:04 PM

I do seated military without a spotter all the time, but like shemp was hinting around....just do them standing, its easy to ditch the weight if things go wrong.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I wanna start doing military press again but dont have a spotter still.

[/ QUOTE ]

This lift is not spotted. I guess you mean seated...

[/ QUOTE ]

standinb military with a spot is both dangerous and unneeded. it is sort of like spotting the deadlift.

if you can make it then make it.
if you can't then you fail.

keep the basic lifts as simple and safe as possible.

later. J.