Old 05-12-2005, 08:27 PM

Default Re: DERB

Someone please PM me who DERB is.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you play 30-60 at all? How could you not know!
I hadnt played in a month and i knew right away!

[/ QUOTE ]

He doesn't play 30/60 at all...neither do I lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

then he doesn't need to know I guess

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously not, but if a good friend has the screenname and I ask him for it out of curiosity, then you should probably stay out of it.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:49 PM

I hadn't played a hand vs DERB. One of my first ones (not saying he played it bad or that he got overly lucky...just made me smile.)

PParty Poker 30/60 Hold'em (4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">DERB raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333"> DERB caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, DERB calls, SB calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, DERB calls, SB folds.

River: (9.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">DERB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

Results below:
Hero has Jh Jc (two pair, jacks and tens).
DERB has 9h Ah (two pair, aces and tens).
Outcome: DERB wins 11.50 BB.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:20 PM

doesnt look TOO horrible

starts out as a steal
he cant fold on the flop with that much in there
then he picks up a heart draw on the turn and hits his overcard out on the river

i guess only the preflop play is questionable
Old 05-12-2005, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
UprightCreature posted some very basic numbers which say that getting DERB's results over that stretch for a break even player is maybe a one in a million event.

[/ QUOTE ]
How many Players play poker online? isn't it more than a million, probably in the tens of millions? Wouldn't that make an event like this not only possible, but probable, in the long run? More likely than not that eventually, someone who plays like Derb, is going to get lucky after 150k hands?
Old 05-12-2005, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
UprightCreature posted some very basic numbers which say that getting DERB's results over that stretch for a break even player is maybe a one in a million event.

[/ QUOTE ]
How many Players play poker online? isn't it more than a million, probably in the tens of millions? Wouldn't that make an event like this not only possible, but probable, in the long run? More likely than not that eventually, someone who plays like Derb, is going to get lucky after 150k hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

All I know is when DERB hits his inevitable downstreak, it's going to hit him 10 times as hard as it hits the regular player.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Congratulations for having just 4 posts, and using one of those posts to reiterate what an arrogant jerk-off Andrew Prock is.
-James
Old 05-13-2005, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Congratulations for having just 4 posts, and using one of those posts to reiterate what an arrogant jerk-off Andrew Prock is.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, ask a simple, unloaded, honest question, get flamed. Guess on my fourth post I got to meet the forum jackass. Never heard of Andrew Prock, If this question was already posed, I apologize, but there're tons of replies on this thread, and even though i read em all, they kind of blurred together.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-James

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, ask a simple, unloaded, honest question, get flamed. Guess on my fourth post I got to meet the forum jackass. Never heard of Andrew Prock, If this question was already posed, I apologize, but there're tons of replies on this thread, and even though i read em all, they kind of blurred together.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm kinda drunk so I could be the guy who's wrong...(and misinterpreting your post)...but james wasn't flaming you, he was being seroius.
Old 05-13-2005, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm kinda drunk so I could be the guy who's wrong...(and misinterpreting your post)...but james wasn't flaming you, he was being seroius.

[/ QUOTE ]

you may be drunk, but your reads are still correct.